dannomir
1 Copper

WM713 Bluetooth Mouse woes

I have recently purchased a new Inspiron 7737 laptop and was tempted to select the WM713 bluetooth mouse as an accessory at the time of purchase. I chose it because it looked like a good modern design and promised to support new Windows 8 way of doing things.

Initially all worked perfectly, the mouse paired up with the laptop with no difficulty and I was just getting getting to grips with the Win8 gestures supported on the mouse.

It was less than an hour before the mouse simply stopped working without warning or error. I attempted to pair them again but the laptop simply refused to detect any bluetooth devices.

Contacted Dell support and was advised to install the latest version of the WM713 software and then to follow the instructions for pairing. No difference.

I was then sent a replacement mouse by Dell support. Initially this paired without any problems and then after a short while (less than an hour) suddenly stopped again in exactly the same way.

Has anyone else been able to use this mouse successfully? Or used a different bluetooth mouse with this laptop?

There are articles about checking bluetooth power saving options, setting bluetooth services to automatic, reinstalling the bluetooth drivers and I have tried all of these. Attempted to pair with another laptop too which did not work.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated as I really like the mouse and do not want to give up and throw it away just yet.

Thanks

Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
colbabe
1 Copper

RE: WM713 Bluetooth Mouse woes

Exact same problem, exact same outcomes as yours; Including same replacement mouse...

and I have been putting up with myriad stop-starts since July mate!

Their June 3537 Ebay special was my choice - and its a lil ripsnorter too. Love it!

But this bleedin mouse just drives me crazy.

Was about to call the excellent support guys again  (Visnu was very patient and helpful - despite no lasting fix having resulted)

But after reading your post I reckon I will simply demand a refund ... RIGHT NOW!

:0

0 Kudos
kram181
1 Copper

Hello Dannomir,

I've had no such luck with the WM713 either.  Dell had me perform the same troubleshooting steps to no avail.  After a replacement was sent, it worked for three months and stopped pairing.  My laptop will pair with other devices but, not the WM713.  Twice, I've run the battery completely down on the mouse, recharged and it would pair.  But a few weeks later it stopped working again.  I'm going to attempt another RMA but will ask for a different model or credit for anything else that works.

kram181

0 Kudos
southview
1 Copper

I have the same laptop and the same exact problem.  I guess they like to sell them but don't like making them work afterwords.

0 Kudos
YukonDavid
1 Copper

I have ongoing problems with the Dell 713 bluetooth mouse and Dell generally. They sell *** hardware and their techs do not have the training to fix things. When I first called Dell about the mouse, the tech asked me if the batteries were )a new, b) installed correctly and c) would I please remove and reinstall the batteries. Thing is it is a rechargeable mouse with no access to the batteries. Then the Inspiron laptop keeps loosing connection with the mouse. A senior dell tech took remote control and uninstalled the Intel wireless adapter software and reinstalled it. Both versions predated my computer but the one originally installed was months older than the replacement which was also from 2014. So it worked for a while, then today, stopped working - no connectivity. So I uninstalled the mouse software for about the fifth time and reinstalled in for about the fifth time and it is working - for now!!! Good luch if you own anything Dell!

0 Kudos