Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 30th, 2015 03:00

Wanna check whether my new battery is Genuine or not?

I purchased a battery 10 days ago from One of the Shop in my city and now it's not giving backup properly and as expected. So i just wanna know whether my new purchased battery for Dell Vostro 1088 is genuine or not.
I am posting the image of the code written on the battery.
Thanks in advance.

May 30th, 2015 03:00

Hi Priyank,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

The part number from the battery tells that it is a genuine Dell battery. It is a 48Whr, 6 Cell battery. 

Battery backup depends on the environment and usage of the computer.

Here are the few factors which may affect battery performance:

• Processor speed - Enabling features such as Intel Speed Step or AMD Power Now! Extends battery life by automatically adjusting the processor speed to meet system demands. These features are typically enabled by default on computers that support them.

• CD, DVD, CD-RW and hard drive access frequency - Moving files and programs directly to the hard drive, when possible, reduces the number of devices requiring battery power. Adding more memory can also help by reducing the need to use a swap file on the hard drive.

• Programs - Running only the programs that are necessary reduces demands on the system processor and memory. Programs that cause intensive use of the processor and drives (such as playing a DVD movie or 3D games) can more than halve the amount of time that the computer can be used on battery power.

• LCD brightness - Lowering the brightness of the LCD screen reduces the amount of power required by the screen. To adjust the brightness of the LCD screen, press + to increase the brightness or + to decrease the brightness on the LCD display panel.

• Backlit keyboard - Turning off or halfing the brightness of your backlit keyboard can conserve battery power for when you are using your computer. Typically to adjust the brightness of the backlit keyboard, press + to cycle through two brightness settings and the offsetting.

• Power management - Set the computer to enter suspend or hibernate when idle to conserve battery power when the computer is not being used.

• Battery age - A battery's average life expectancy is 1 year. After this time, it is normal to experience a decrease in battery life.

• Battery age/life is in no way shortened, when the portable computer is directly connected to AC Power (power outlet) and continuously used for long period of time. The reason is that the system motherboard automatically stops power flow to battery, as soon the battery is fully charged.

I recommend to update BIOS from the below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/1Fl6RGw   

Please refer below link for FAQ’s:

www.dell.com/.../batteries_faq

Please reply if you have any further questions.

5.2K Posts

May 30th, 2015 08:00

Is there a big DELLlogo on the batery? If not it' s probably not genuine. Paper stickers are easy to print.

June 3rd, 2015 10:00

This is ok.
I have one more problem.
I have installed windows 8 on my Dell vostro 1088 just after the release of the windows but till yet i am struggling to find the correct and genuine drivers for my system. Please tell me the solution to this.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 3rd, 2015 12:00

Hi,

Dell Vostro 1088 has not been tested for Windows 8 operating system. However you can use the Windows 7 or vista operating system driver and install it on compatibility mode.

Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the necessary drivers listed under appropriate section onto the system and install it using compatibility mode.

June 26th, 2015 08:00

I got into another problem now. I have attached the screenshot here.Please tell me the proper solution and beside this My laptop restarts frequently and sometimes some keyboards button are not working and one day my laptop doesn't start after the boot menu,at that time I tried to start my Laptop 45 times but it doesn't get started. Please help me asap.

No Events found!