Highlighted
jabadoodle
1 Copper

Want to Buy a Cover for Keyboard of Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series

I just purchased a Dell Inspiron 7579.

This is with the 15" screen and the hinges that
let the system be used as a laptop, a tablet, or
in "tent" or "stand" mode.

When using it as a tablet, the keyboard is down, resting on the table or my lap or whatever.

I'd like a cover that goes over that entire side of the computer.

I *don't* want a "keyboard cover" that just covers the keys. 

But when I search, that's all I find.

Anyone know of such a product?

Thamks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Want to Buy a Cover for Keyboard of Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series

All I see on our Inspiron 7579 website is a backpack. I think the only option would be a laptop sleeve. Once you take the laptop out of the sleeve, rest the keyboard side of the laptop on the sleeve cushioning.

0 Kudos
jabadoodle
1 Copper

Thanks for the reply, Chris.

I came to a similar conclusion as you. I have a laptop sleeve that I purchased for my prior-Dell. I can carry this laptop in that neoprene sleeve, then place it on it when in use in tablet mode.

Still, I think there is an opportunity here for Dell or some 3rd party to make a simple product that snaps on to protect the keyboard when using these 2-in-1 (or 4-in-1) computers in tablet mode.

g.

0 Kudos
curtiscee
1 Copper

Did you ever find another solution beyond the keyboard cover and sleeve?

0 Kudos
jabadoodle
1 Copper

Hey Curtiscee,

No, I never found any better solution.

It still seems like a huge design oversight to go through the though process of designing the screen hinges so that the computer can be used as a tablet, but not realize that having the keys and mouse pad exposed, setting on one's lap or on a table, is just silly.

But it turns out that, for me, I never use the computer in tablet mode. In the future I would not pay extra for a touch-sensitive screen. Actually, I'd prefer if the screen was not touch sensitive; when I am showing someone something and point to the screen I often get a click or other action that I don't want.

Anyway, best of luck. And if you do find something please let us know.

:-)

0 Kudos