Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2016 15:00

Warranty

Hi Team,

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 17 7778 laptop last week. But the service warranty information is incorrect on Dell support web page. The ship date is January 01, 0001, the country is unknown and the warranty service is missing. Please fix it.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 12th, 2016 15:00

If this is the same system you asked about in your other threads, it was purchased outside Dell's sales channel in a country where Dell has no corporate presence --  all service, support and information comes from your seller.  

From the sound of it, the system either has a bogus service tag or was purchased as greymarket goods.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 12th, 2016 16:00

The service tag installed at the factory should register in Dell's database if it's legitimate.  If it doesn't, someone could have altered it after the system was built - that would be the bogus possibility.

Dell doesn't have an official presence in some parts of the world - while it's possible there are authorized dealers, there are also vendors that operate outside the authorized channel -- these are the grey-market systems.

Since you purchased in a country  where Dell has no official presence, all support, warranty, repair and system history information is between you and your vendor - Dell has no support for your system.

You need to contact the seller for an explanation as to why the service tag is coming up without valid information.

7 Posts

October 12th, 2016 16:00

What do u mean by bogus service tag or greymarket goods?

7 Posts

October 12th, 2016 17:00

Thank u sir i contacted seller he said since dell has no warranty in pakistan and when seller and his team sell products which has international warraty , like mine it generally takes 1 to 2 weeks to process and uplaod the warranty on website. Now sir what do u think ? Is he lying?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 12th, 2016 18:00

Even if it has an international warranty, it won't be valid in your location.  Dell has no corporate service or support in your country.  ALL support/service/repair is through your reseller - there is nothing through Dell here, so your system is as well-supported as your vendor is willing to provide.

7 Posts

October 12th, 2016 18:00

Ok thanks so far  i have one problem or it may be my mistake the reason i starting thinking about searching warranty was that i am using this laptop for a week i got just one problem

1. That when at night when there is pin drop silence in my room i can hear feeble sound of hdd ticking is it normal i have run every possible software to check my hdd and they all comes postive like how many hours its been used software shows 120 and 98 times off on checke for bad sectors and health is showing 100 perecent so my Question is if my hdd sound that i only hear when there is complete silence ! Is it normal?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 13th, 2016 04:00

It is normal for hard drives to randomly move the head assembly when the drive is idle, yes.  This prevents the head stack flying over the same spot on the drive for extended periods, and is known as a wear-leveling algorithm.

No Events found!