Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2012 04:00

Warranty

When I will replace  my hard disk, I lose  my warranty? My old disk is to slow...  How I could replace my hard disk for new one ?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Hi,

Welcome to the community'

Is this computer under warranty? What happened to your Hard Drive? Run diagnostics to check Hardware functionality. Restart the computer, on Dell Logo, keep tapping F12. Choose Diagnostics, run test, then try extended test. Post back for any results.

Regarding the warranty, you need to check the warranty support depending on your region.

Feel free to add me as a friend by clicking my Username. Send the service tag of your computer via private message so we can check what are the options for you.

Regards,

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Generally no - but with some of the newer models, replacing the drive isn't easy and the potential for damaging the system in the process, fairly high.

Hi Seba2608

Welcome to the Dell Community

I have not understood the point when u mention that the old disk is too slow , Can you throw some light on this.

You would not void your Warranty on the computer if you upgrade your hard disk on your own (bought from a retail), However, if you have any problems with the one that was purchased with the computer, you can get a replacement after troubleshooting resulting on a HDD failure.

3 Posts

April 1st, 2012 05:00

I have a warranty, my dell is new. I have got this computer for 3 month. But my disk is loud and in my opinion dosent work good. I have a WD Scorpio Blue 640 GB SATA Hard Drives ( WD6400BPVT) , but i would like to buy WD Scorpio Black 750 GB SATA Hard Drives ( WD7500BPKT). It is a fast hard disk and has got bigger Buffer Size, and  Rotational Speed.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 1st, 2012 07:00

What model system do you have?

3 Posts

April 1st, 2012 10:00

I have got Windows 7 64 bit,  and i have got Dell Inspioron n5110

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 1st, 2012 10:00

Replacing the hard drive in this model is not for the faint of heart - and any damage done in the process will void the warranty.

support.dell.com/.../hd-assem.htm

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 1st, 2012 22:00

I agree. Unlike the old systems, the hard drive of this computer is installed internally. You have to remove couple of major parts like the palmrest and systemboard. I am not recommending to do this by your own. Unless you are a certified technician, but if you plan to do it, do it at your own risk, damages occured during your installation will void the warranty.

http://dell.to/HB8VNl (manuals)

Regards,

No Events found!