Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 30th, 2014 13:00

Webcam Issue

There is an issue with my webcam in my Latitude E4300 laptop.

I am unable to use it. 

I purchased it 2nd hand and the disc that came with it, formated when I tried to use it the first time and wiped every thing off it.

I try installing it on device manager, but there is no imagining device tab. 

It is also undetectable when I search for devices.  

Can somebody advise me on how this can be resolved.

Thanks.

Nathan

1 Message

January 13th, 2015 07:00

dear boss.

my lap is dell 3521.web cam not work this lap top..please help me.

3 Posts

December 30th, 2014 16:00

I have the same issue, but on a Windows 7 64-bit Dell Latitude E5520.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 31st, 2014 11:00

Nathan,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers and Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

5 Posts

January 1st, 2015 09:00

Hey thanks for the reply.  I can't seem to see the driver in the Input section.

I have tryied downloading and installing pretty much every driver that I could and nothing has changed.

I'll have to open this laptop up to see if any wires have come loose. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 1st, 2015 12:00

mrnace,

Before I give you instructions for that, let's try this first.

Make a system restore point.

Start, control panel, device manager, USB Controller section, right click on all the usb root hubs and uninstall them. Then restart your computer and after you login, the new hardware wizard will install them. It may take a few minutes.

Then see if the webcam works.

Rick

1 Message

January 2nd, 2015 06:00

My dell vostro 3446 laptop. Integrated web cam software was installed and it was working properly during skype. But in the printer and devices folder, there was no display of integrated web cam icon. So  I was unable to open/use the web cam. Please giveme a solution.

5 Posts

January 2nd, 2015 10:00

Unfortunately the usb root hub thing didn't work.  

What is your next suggestion?

Thanks for your assistance in this also.  I appreciate it.

Nathan

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 5th, 2015 15:00

Nathan,

If your system is under warranty, contact Dell Tech Support.

If you're system is not under warranty, you'll need to carfully remove the plastic bezel(see video below)

[View:www.youtube.com/watch]

At the top of the screen are two phillips screws. Remove the two phillips screws, then unplug the webcam. Plug the webcam back in and it should start working.

Put the two screws back in and carefully push the plastic bezel back in place.

Rick

No Events found!