Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2013 09:00

Webcam is not working even after replacement, in dell n5110

Hello, 

I have posted several times on this problem and I got lot of kind instructions to solve this. I followed all of them but unfortunately nothing worked in my case. So the final decision was to replace the webcam. 

It take about a month for me to find a suitable replacement and I changed my webcam module finally. I turned on the computer to see a working webcam. But nothing had changed. The problem was same as before. I replied to the same thread with my earlier post but didn't get a reply yet. (May be because it was marked as answered) That's why I post this as an extension to that thread. You can see the nature of my problem by going through that post http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19528804.aspx

I was told that webcam and microphone are placed in the same unit. Prior to the replacement even though the webcam was not getting detected, the microphone worked fine. And now with the new camera module replacing the old one, it acts the same. Webcam is not getting detected while microphone is working fine.

I am out of ideas. Can you please help me? Could it be a problem with the cable? Thank you

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

December 20th, 2013 11:00

What model computer and operating system? Are the correct webcam drivers for your operating system installed? If you upgraded to windows 8 check the Compatibility Center to see if that model webcam is supported. There are quite a few older models that cannot be used in windows 8. To operate a webcam, you must open the software that uses the camera--Skype for instance.

14 Posts

December 20th, 2013 13:00

Hi, its n5110 and operating system is windows 7 64bit.

All the details of my problem are described on my previous thread here  http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19528804.aspx Please take a look,

Thanks

No Events found!