Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 25th, 2011 17:00

Webcam light is frequently on.

Hi, my webcam light doesn't turn off. It's almost always on. Can anyone help?

1 Message

December 22nd, 2014 06:00

hi,start the taskbar(click ctrl alt delthen applications end to webcam.it is alright now

2 Posts

December 23rd, 2014 09:00

What lunam meant to say was, press all 3 keys, Control, Alt, then Delete.

End the Webcam Application from there.

You should be good by now.

-Boqo

1 Message

March 25th, 2015 14:00

Hi, you may uninstall "Face recognition"software from your system This helped me.

Steps:

Control Panel --> Uninstall a program --> Right click on Face Recognition software --> Change --> Remove files. 

Hope this gives you a permanent fix if you do not wish to use face recognition for logging in.

207 Posts

April 29th, 2011 14:00

Hello,

Welcome to the Dell Community Forum.

You can try exiting the Dell Webcam Center from the Toolbar (You can find it next to the time displayed at the lower right of your screen). You will have several icons which is the start up items. Right click on Dell Webcam center and select Exit. 

If this resolves the issue. Uninstall and reinstall the Dell Webcam Center from Add or remove programs or Programs and Features.

-Niranjan

3 Posts

May 1st, 2011 00:00

Hello,

I've done all the following suggestions, but the light is still on. I have disabled and reinstalled the webcam driver as well, but still nothing. It cannot be that someone has hacked into my computer and is watching me, because laptop was brand new when i noticed it. I hope my english is understandable.

Allar.

3.6K Posts

May 1st, 2011 13:00

Its the facial tracking that is part of the options in the webcam central,it tracks your facial movement when in a video call.Turn facial tracking off and the light should go out.

3 Posts

May 3rd, 2011 05:00

No that is turned off. I think i'll take it to warranty repairs.

No Events found!