Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 9th, 2013 13:00

Webcam

Hello! I have a laptop dell inspiron 5520. Installed windows 8 and I have a problem with the web cam. 
App "Camera" an error "there was a problem with the web-cam". Other applications can not connect to it.
On windows 7 this is not observed. All the drivers are installed.
P.S. Sorry, translate.google.com :))

3.1K Posts

August 9th, 2013 13:00

Hi oskol-moto,

Try running the Apps troubleshooter from the following link http://dell.to/14yYzy5. This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps. Once you click on the link, a file will be downloaded. Run the file and follow the on-screen instructions to fix the issue.

Also, ensure that Windows Update is up-to-date.

If the issue persists, then uninstall the Camera app and re-install it from 'Windows Store Apps'.

You have also mentioned that the webcam cannot connect to other applications. Are you using any other application like Skype?

Please share more information.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 9th, 2013 14:00

DELL-АППУ S,

Removal and installation of the "camera" will not work. Since the same error occurs and Cyberlink YouCam, Skype ..

Incidentally, I did not mention that when I turn off and then turn on the webcam in the "Device Manager", it gives an error "device can not be started code 10."

After the restart, it happens, the camera starts to work, and after a while again not working

3.1K Posts

August 12th, 2013 15:00

Hi oskol-moto,

You may try the following steps. 

• Go to Device Manager
  • Under “Imaging Devices”, you will find the 'Webcam' listed.
  • Right click and uninstall. 
  • Restart the computer and see if it makes any difference. 

If issue persists, you may uninstall the USB root hubs and check if it makes any difference. To uninstall USB Root Hubs:

• Expand ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’
  • From the list, look for ‘USB Root Hub’
  • Right click, choose ‘Uninstall’, choose ‘Ok’
  • Uninstall all ‘USB Root Hub’ listed
  • Wait for all the drivers to get uninstalled
  • Restarted the computer
  • Restarting the computer will install ‘USB Root Hub’s automatically on the computer
No Events found!