Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2013 07:00

Weird Dell Studio 1458 graphics card driver problem

I have a weird problem, i search entire forum but their is no solution. When i install  ati radeon 5450 driver then following problem start

-When I plugin A/C adapter while running windows it immediately freezes.

-When I start laptop with A/C adapter, after windows logo nothing happen only black screen. I left for half hour still nothing happen. But when i run without A/C adapter it run completely  OK.

-Their is a shutdown problem,after press shutdown, it just close the LCD but still power button is on, i have to press and hold on the power button for complete shutdown.

But when i run windows in SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING it's run completely OK. 

After uninstall ati radeon 5450 my dell studio 1458 is run completely OK.

I run startup diagnostics their is no problem. I tried windows 8 same problem .EVEN i tried UBUNTU same problem but it detect a bug when installing ati driver.  

System Configuration

Dell Studio 1458

Windows 7 Home Premium

Core i7 Q720 1.60GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450

3GB DDR3

1 Message

March 21st, 2013 15:00

I have the exact same issue!

Glad to find someone having the same issue with same spec and at the same time sad to be stuck with this condition

Please may I know what solution you end up with?

As a temporary workaround what I did is unplugged the ac adaptor and changed the ATI Graphics Power settings to max battery saving for all power profiles and plugged in the ac adaptor, so far no issues other than occassional freezes when opening multiple tabs in internet explorer

Did full format installed all latest drivers, swapped hard drives, ram still no luck

I installed the latest graphics driver and updated the latest bios from dell site still not fixed. I suspect a motherboard problem.

Tried downgrading to windows xp, still the issue happens when trying to install the radeon driver.

If someone who managed to fix this issue please let us know. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance!

1 Message

March 15th, 2014 04:00

hi, i have the same case since a week ago

i've take it to Dell Service Centre but they said DELL studio has no longer in production and the spare part already scarce. :emotion-8:

Dell Community Team any suggestion ?

No Events found!