Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

October 13th, 2015 01:00

What is Dell Customer Connect?

In reliability history I have a warning saying that Dell Customer Connect application installation was unsuccessful this morning?

What is it and will it attempt to install again later or is it something I have to install manually. I cant find any information anywhere about this application

Thanks, in advance

1.8K Posts

October 14th, 2015 13:00

Hi,

Dell Customer Connect is a remote access software application that allows Dell Technicians, with your approval, to remote into your system to help troubleshoot any issues you may be having.   It's not something that the technicians can do without your active approval.   Usually you have to go to the above link and, with directions from the technician, set up the connection.

I don't think it's anything you need to manually install.  You should be fine without it.

Todd

3 Posts

November 17th, 2015 22:00

Hi Todd, I have a new Dell 7559 PC that came with Dell Customer Connect pre-installed as a stand alone program. Initially I had no issues but unfortunately after Windows 10 updated itself to version 1511 the DCC program started placing a small white blank icon on  my desktop. I had no idea what this was as clicking on it would not do anything. After some detective work with Task Manager I discovered that it was DCC and when I stopped the DCC task the icon went away. It then came back on the next reboot so I uninstalled DCC. Unfortunately this lasted one day as somehow DCC reinstalled itself again and the icon came back. What is causing this? I have never uninstalled a program and seen it come back again. I uninstalled it again but suspect that I will soon see it.

What is installing DCC? Is it Dell Update? If so I may have to uninstall it... Any suggestions appreciated.

1 Message

December 13th, 2015 02:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 3543 with the exact same problem. Dell Customer Connect puts a small white square on my desktop. It stays there until you force close the program from the Task Manager. It's really weird that Dell would install such buggy software without fully testing it first. Anything anybody can find out about this mysterious secret program that doesn't do squat would be muchly appreciated.

3 Posts

December 14th, 2015 13:00

Go to Control Panel and uninstall Dell Customer Connect. That is what I did. It is simply a convenience for Dell to access your computer and pretty much a waste for users as Dell (or you) can re-download the app if needed. Having it pre-installed just saves the Dell Tech a minute or two.

12 Posts

January 12th, 2016 20:00

Dell Customer Connect is a remote access software application that allows Dell Technicians, with your approval, to remote into your system to help troubleshoot any issues you may be having.   It's not something that the technicians can do without your active approval.   Usually you have to go to the above link and, with directions from the technician, set up the connection.

If you uninstall this program and it re install itself then you need to remove dell update from your system. But like it is explain above you may remove them but I would leave it there in case you do need to have a Dell tech to access your system to troubleshoot. 

No Events found!