Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 15th, 2011 06:00

What is Sonic Update Manager?

The last couple of days when I turn my computer on I get a message reading: The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the Sonic Update Manager disk and click OK." I have no such disk. If Sonic is an essential program, is there a website I can download it from? If not, is there a way to disable this message? 

3.8K Posts

November 16th, 2011 05:00

Hi Mlarsen,

Welcome to the Community. Sonic is a program to play DVD's that was preinstalled on your computer. To disable this, you can click on start, run, type in msconfig and click ok, click on the startup tab on top, and uncheck the box that says Sonic, you may see more than one entry to uncheck everything to do with Sonic. Click on Apply, Ok and restart.

Thank you

Royan

7 Posts

March 22nd, 2012 01:00

I have the same problem.  I've followed the above advice and the problem hasnt been resolved.

934 Posts

March 22nd, 2012 06:00

Don't now if this of any help:

Click the link and choose the first entry "Update Manager (Service) issues and resolutions"

==============================================

There are no separate user settings to limit the frequency with which Update Manager checks for updates. Currently supported Roxio software allows users to opt out of Update manager Activation. To disable Update Manager do the following:

Launch the software

Go to Tools --> Options --> General.

Uncheck "Check for updates" under the "Start up" payne.

Click OK.

==============================================

www.roxio.com/.../results.html

No Events found!