Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

April 3rd, 2013 11:00

What is original hardware id of L702x laptop's fhd display?

My display acquired three dead pixel lines and I recently had it replaced at a local DELL representative service center, but my new display is of horrible quality.

I had FullHD (1080p) 2D matte panel. New display has same resolution but its viewing angles are horrible. when I look at the screen at 90 deg from 50cm (about 1.5') the right top half of the screen is considerably darker then bottom left, which is outstandingly poor experience. I checked hardware id in the device manager and it says: MONITOR/CMO1720, is this the id of the original screen? Because I somehow doubt it, I had no problems with viewing angles of the original screen, I and 3-4 my friends where watching videos comfortably sitting just in front of the laptop and now I can't even use it alone, staring at the center at an ideal angle of 90deg.

3.1K Posts

April 4th, 2013 02:00

Hi Alex Czar,

Unfortunately, I would not be able to confirm that as our tools would not have any information about the parts that have been replaced. I would suggest you to check with the local technician who replaced the part and explore the possibility of getting a display that was similar to the original one.

2 Posts

Thank you!

So, please confirm, I indeed got a wrong display?

3.1K Posts

Hi Alex Czar,

The original hardware id for the screen can only be determined with the original laptop screen.

MONITOR/CMO1720 is the hardware id for the screen that has been replaced for you.

If the LCD would have been replaced by Dell, the part no. would have been 571WR for the original screen. You might want to check the local representative if a Dell part no. or a different manufacturer.

No Events found!