Highlighted
2 Bronze

What is the part number for this LCD cable in the Precision M6400

I am upgrading my CCFL backlit screen to the LED backlit screen. I was able to purchase the LCD, but I need the cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard. Could someone please tell me the part number so I can get it from Dell? I believe the description is something like this: Assembly,Cable,Coaxial,Liquid Crystal Display,Red/green/blueM6400

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
10 Diamond

Re: What is the part number for this LCD cable in the Precision M6400

The cable goes with the model of the screen you purchased.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

The screen that came with my system is CCFL backlit. I bought a LED backlit screen, but not from Dell, and it doesn't come with the cable. So I need the part number for the cable that goes with the LED backlit LCD so that I can purchase it from Dell.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
10 Diamond

Use the Dell part number on the screen to search for the cable - the cable you need depends on the exact model of screen you purchased.  That is, a cable for a Samsung screen won't work with a Quanta screen, etc.

If you purchased a screen not known to have been used by Dell, you're on thin ice - notebook screens aren't universally interchangeable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Thanks for the info

It is a genuine Dell product. So are you saying Dell sells screens from different manufacturers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 Gallium

Thanks for the info

It is a genuine Dell product. So are you saying Dell sells screens from different manufacturers?

That's exactly what ejn63 is saying.  This is not unique to Dell either.

Forum Member since 2000

Please share your experience with the forum.

0 Kudos