Infoseye
2 Bronze

RE: When will the XPS M1730 fully support Windows 7?

Okay here is my email <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK> thank you.

0 Kudos
Infoseye
2 Bronze

Sorry, my email <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK> thank you.

0 Kudos
Aeromaster
1 Copper

Ok, I just sent it by Yahoo. It will take a few because it is slow here.

0 Kudos
Infoseye
2 Bronze

Thanks but I downloaded the Quickset from dell.com and tried all the drivers from XP to VISTA 32/64 finally one worked emoticon.Smile.title my laptop ROCKS heheheheh whats left to sort out is my bluetooth.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Aeromaster
1 Copper

Well, glad to hear you were able to download from Dell. Like I said, once you install the BT it should be updated by the Windows update sooner or later. I bought mine new in Nov 2008. The next year Dell discontinued it. I bought none of those Driver Update progams and got some later drivers other than WIndows for some applications. It's a good tool.

I don't know why but Dell also discontinued the use of the monitor offered with the M1730. There are plently of spare parts on eBay. Have a good time with your M1730.

0 Kudos
Infoseye
2 Bronze

The problem am having is my windows 7 ultimate was not installed with a genuine product key, so after the first 2 major updates I turned off windows updates to avoid Microsoft detecting am using a non genuine product key. Can you help with windows 7 64bit genuine product key to receive updates from Microsoft or a workaround? 

0 Kudos
Aeromaster
1 Copper

The only solution I know of is to buy a key for that copy you have installed. There should be an option when you try to enter a product key.

0 Kudos
Infoseye
2 Bronze

Okay I do have the vista product key that came with it, not to worry I will purchase a license key online from Microsoft :emotion-5:.

0 Kudos
Infoseye
2 Bronze

I have purcahsed Win 7 Ultimate, did a clean install of win 7. Installed drivers but cant seem to get the lcd logitec lcd display to work on my xps m1730 to function.

I installed the driver from dell.com Logitech USB auxiliary display application version 1.04 (R161825.exe) did not work, I also download and installed from Logitech website it says did not find attached hardware emoticon.Sad.title still no results.

Can anyone please provide links to working driver? Thanks

0 Kudos
Infoseye
2 Bronze

Okay I just got it to work had to download from this website http://www.x64bitdownload.com/drivers/download-64-bit-logitech-g15-gaming-keyboard-driver-3-03-133-x...

It worked for me.

0 Kudos