Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 21st, 2012 15:00

Where To Find a Laptop Motherboard's UPC Code?

Just wondering which of the several codes labeled on my Inspiron E1705 motherboard is the UPC code for the board itself?  I've spotted three candidates labeled to the memory portion of the board, all of which have barcodes and are 13 digits each.  One shares a label with three other codes located beneath one memory module, a second is on its own label beneath the other memory module, and a third is on its own label affixed to the plastic frame of where the modules attach, visible when the modules are in.  there are other codes too, though these are the only three that are comparable in length to other UPC codes I'm aware of (they're usually 12 or 13 digits in general).

Thanks!

6 Posts

June 21st, 2012 16:00

Oops, I think I made a mistake.  The ones with UPC codes include both the motherboard and laptop base, so they're probably using the UPC code from the laptop base.  Nevermind, thanks again.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 21st, 2012 15:00

The one you're looking for generally starts with DP/N or CN

6 Posts

June 21st, 2012 16:00

Thanks again, ejn63.  Yes, there is a CN code followed by the part number (in my case 0FF055) and some other numbers.  But this does not resemble a UPC code.  On eBay, some sellers give a 13 digit UPC code for motherboards including this one, and I was wondering which one they are going by?  The three 13 digit codes I mention do not have CN or DP/N in front of them.

No Events found!