tee.jay
1 Copper

Where is Conexant Audio Driver for Inspiron 15R SE (7520) for Windows 10?

It's been more than a week and I'm still waiting for the Conexant Smart Audio driver and What about the Waves Maxx audio for Windows 10? When will the audio driver come out?

19 Replies
Adriano Fox
1 Copper

RE: Where is Conexant Audio Driver for Inspiron 15R SE (7520) for Windows 10?

I'm waiting for it too. I'm used to listen to music in high definition with the Smart Audio thing, and now I only have that normal sound

0 Kudos
Highlighted
minhphuong0401
1 Nickel

I am waiting for it also. It's 2 weeks already.

0 Kudos
Salam Vivek
1 Nickel

Yes Dell earlier in Windows 8.1 there is problem with Amd Graphic Driver for Dell 7520 and yet no solution, now it’s the Dell Audio Conexant Driver for Windows 10. Well Done Dell!!

I tried installing windows 7 Driver, it will install successfully but when you restart your laptop, there won't be any sound. Even the waves maxx toggle won't display properly when you pressed it with windows 7 driver. So if you tried installing windows 8 or 8.1 driver, it will install but the internal microphone won't work properly. Sometimes the sound will be automatically gone while playing games like Dota 2, there I can't use microphone too. So I need to restart again. Dell please release the Windows 10 Conexant Dell audio driver as soon as possible. Thank you.

0 Kudos
jzhangphd
1 Nickel

I don't think the driver for win 10 will come soon. Dell is slow like ***.

0 Kudos
erpster05
2 Iron

I don't think the driver for win 10 will come soon. Dell is slow like ***.

that's because Dell has to pay Conexant Systems for them to produce a Win10 compatible driver and it's up to Conexant to make one available to Dell.  in the meantime, try using the Win8.1 Conexant audio driver on Windows 10 on the Inspiron 15r SE 7520 laptop.

Conexant, like Sigmatel/IDT, only makes manufacturer specific drivers, unlike Realtek and VIA who make generic all-purpose or unified drivers.

0 Kudos
Salam Vivek
1 Nickel

This will appear if I install win 8.1 driver

Adhonaj
1 Copper

Same error, same problem. @Dell PLEASE hurry! Users are waiting. You claim that the Inspirion 7520 is Windows 10 ready? Well, guess what: it isn't! Your turn.

0 Kudos
chemist75
1 Copper

0 Kudos
Salam Vivek
1 Nickel

Same error!

0 Kudos