Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2016 00:00

Which are the normal operating temperatures of the Intel I7-4500u and the AMD Radeon 8850M(the CPU and the GPU of Dell Inspiron 3537)?

Hi to all,

I would like to know which are the normal operating temperatures of the  Intel I7-4500u and the AMD Radeon 8850M --- the CPU and the GPU of my Dell Inspiron 3537?

And which are the normal temperatures of these CPU and GPU while playing games with huge usage of these CPU and GPU?

I would also like to know which is the normal range of the speed of the fans,while normal working on the laptop , and while playing games with huse usage  use of these CPU and GPU?

And which is the most reliable program for monitoring the CPU's and GPU's temps and speed of the fans?(SpeedFan or HWiNFO64 Program or MSI Afterburner for an eg. ??)

Please someone answer to me!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards!

2K Posts

July 17th, 2016 06:00

Hi MARSPS,

What is the current OS installed on the system? Is there any issue on the system while playing games? Does the system overheat?

The maximum  cpu / gpu could go from 75 °C - 100 °C and the fan usually kicks in when there is excess heat being generated.

If the system overheats and the fan makes a lot of noise, firstly update the BIOS and reinstall the video drivers from the support site - link below. You could also reinstall the video drivers from the vendor site - Intel or AMD, depending on the issue on the system.

If the overheat is not reduced, then there might be dust accumulated in the air vents and the fan assembly. This needs be cleaned with a small vacuum cleaner or a can of compressed air. Download the service manual here - http://dell.to/29DfXXz

The SpeedFan is a good utility to monitor the fan and cpu temperature levels.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!