Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2012 10:00

White screen at startup

I'm getting a white screen and 8 beeps that keep repeating when powering up my Inspiron N5110. 

October 15th, 2012 22:00

Hi VIMtech,

Welcome to the Community.

The issue that you are facing seems to be related to the hardware and the components that could be causing this issue are the LCD cable, LCD or rarely the connector on the motherboard.

If you are getting video on the external monitor, it means that the machine has life in it, however, the issue is only with the video. We can try one test to confirm the same.

Shut the machine down completely > press and hold the Fn key and power on the machine using the power button > after 3-4 seconds, let go of the Fn key > wait for close to 7-8 mins, check if the machine beeps loudly.

There is another test that would help us identify the part this issue is related to:

Power off the machine > press and hold the letter D > power on the machine > check if you get to see different colours on the screen

Let me know the results so that I can help you further.

Thanks and Regards,

Sheetal Katke

#iworkfordell

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 14:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                              

No Events found!