Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2016 23:00

Wi Fi stopped working on my Dell Inspiron 3147 2-in-1

Today the Wi Fi has stopped working on my Inspiron 3147 2-in-1.  Internet works fine right now on the desktop and laptop we have in the house so I know the wireless router works o k  but it stopped working on Inspiron 3147.  I have tried 'function and PRNT SCR keys' because there is no switch on that computer to turn wireless on or off and looks like it is set for on, I checked settings and 'Airplane mode is off' '. I have used  my other computers today looking at the on-line manuals and quick start guide info for the Inspiron 3147 but these do not help me. I use Windows 8 and did not upgrade to Windows 10 yet on the Inspiron 3147.  What do you think is wrong ?  Please help me.  It is now about 1:00 AM our time so I am falling asleep trying to fix this. 

June 15th, 2016 02:00

Hi JDORSA,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

* Please update the network card driver from our Dell support site.

* Can you connect to the network using the Ethernet port? 

* If you check the Network adapters under Device manager, do you see any symbol like (!) ?

* Has there been any recent hardware or software updates?

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id (Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

No Events found!