Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2017 20:00

WiFi Wireless Network Adapter Stopped Working

I have a Dell Inspiron 5537 that came installed with Windows 7. I upgrade the laptop to Windows 10.

I am now facing a problem with a non working wireless network adapter. I have tried all sorts of solutions. (Downloading from dell support, using old windows drivers from dell, and so fourth).

Any help would be much appreciated !

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 9th, 2017 11:00

Did you install the windows 10 driver at Dell Support? It is here if your wireless card is 1704/1708--

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

June 9th, 2017 12:00

I have tried those drivers already and get the message "The update installer operation is unsuccessful."

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 12th, 2017 07:00

Please type Device Manager onto [Cortana] search box,  stroll down to Network Adapter and then expand it. Right click driver and then update it. Also check for any yellow question marks or yellow triangles listed by any of the drivers.

Dell Inspiron 3543;

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

"I have tried those drivers already and get the message "The update installer operation is unsuccessful."

:emotion-2:

You updated the BIOS, Chipset and Network drivers in correct (Installation) order) ?

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Lastly,

Please check and see if the WIFI switch is turn on and Airplane Mode is turn off as well. Type Settings onto search box, click Network & Internet, WIFI and then Airplane mode.

No Events found!