Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 27th, 2013 08:00

Wifi Hotspot feature has never worked - Vostro 3450

Computer is Vostro 3450, Windows 7 Professional, Purchase date November 2011

this laptop has the ability to create a Wifi Hotspot  but the feature has never worked,  at first I thought the problem was the portable device (an HP Pre 3 running Web OS), and I tried (but failed) to solve in a number of ways, it is not critical so I never got around to further investigation, but I am travelling a lot these days, often using hotel wired internet conneciton and I would love to get it working.

I have since the early days tried several different devices - HTC Sensation XE phone,  Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone, iPhone 4s, and Samsung Galay tab

Results are always the same,

The Vostro and device "see" each other but when you try to connect your device it never gets allocated an IP addres, so connection is never finalised beyond initial handshake (detect the Wifi network OK, accept the security password OK)

I tried to update the drivers in the Vostro but never was sure I had found and downloaded the right things (so although  I did download some drivers I did not install them)

Help would be appreciated

Guy

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 27th, 2013 10:00

Guy,

Download and install in order...

Intel Huron River (HM67)

Dell USB 3.0 Host Controller

Renesas USB3.0 Host Controller

Go to Dell Warranty Status enter your service tag, system configuration Look to see which network adapter you have installed. Then go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, operating system and download and install the drivers for your network adapter.

Then download and install Dell QuickSet.

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

If this doesn't work, Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER and post the information back here. Also provide the virus program and firewall you're using.

Rick

No Events found!