Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2016 15:00

Wifi driver problems Inspiron 3543

So this has been happening a while now with this drivers not working properly, before the new year I was using the windows 8 64 bit driver on windows 10 because it seemed to be working but with the update that happened with windows 10 over the new year it is no longer working and neither is the windows 10 driver so what can someone point me in the direction of getting this resolved please? I'm a student and need my laptop for school which starts tommorrow if anyone can help please do if you need any more info message me (yes the ethernet works its just the wireless driver)

1 Message

January 13th, 2016 07:00

Hell0,  Dell Inspiron 3543 user here. yes me too, had problem with wireless network after updated Network_Driver_X4Y5C_WN32_7.35.295.0_A01 on windows 10, it seem to be no connection or connection limit ( yellow triangle on wifi icon) , troubleshoot problems option cant help..,  solution , go to device manager - network adapter -  Broadcom 802.11n network adapter -  Driver tabs - Roll Back Driver.

6 Posts

January 16th, 2016 05:00

Actually tried something different I combined the windows 10 and 8 driver meaning i installed both packages and that seems to be working for me at the moment, it isnt very stable but it gives me more stability than the braodcom or single packaged drivers.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 16th, 2016 07:00

You can also go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

1. Power Option

2. Click on " Change plan settings " - Balance or Power saver)

3. "Change Advance Power Settings "

4. Tap "wireless adapter settings"

a) " Power Saving Mode "

b) Set Maximum Performance

6 Posts

January 16th, 2016 19:00

by default these are on max performance, its not just my laptop having this problem with this particular card my friend has the same laptop with windows 8 and he has been experiencing the same problems with it.

September 2nd, 2016 09:00

OMG... I have been battling for so long to get the right driver and this finally worked.  Thanks!

September 16th, 2016 07:00

@Durban Dominique could you please tell me which one is the right driver? It would be a great help.

I'm actually using a Dell Inspiron 15 3543. When I try to disable the wifi adapter (Broadcom 802.11n) trough the device manager or when connection is lost and I try to reconnect it, the screen freezes, and the only option is to shut off the computer forcing it (by pressing the power button for 3 seconds or taking the battery away) 

I'm so close to change this laptop because I look in tons of pages for a solution (I'm can't send Dell my computer again because I bought it in the US and I'm outside the country for a long time and I'am not thinking in open the computer and change the wifi antenna because is brand new.

I  really trust you can help me. 

Thanks a lot.

Aaron B.

September 16th, 2016 07:00

@Durban Dominique could you please tell me which one is the right driver? It would be a great help.

I'm actually using a Dell Inspiron 15 3543. When I try to disable the wifi adapter (Broadcom 802.11n) trough the device manager or when connection is lost and I try to reconnect it, the screen freezes, and the only option is to shut off the computer forcing it (by pressing the power button for 3 seconds or taking the battery away)

I'm so close to change this laptop because I look in tons of pages for a solution (I'm can't send Dell my computer again because I bought it in the US and I'm outside the country for a long time and I'am not thinking in open the computer and change the wifi antenna because is brand new.

I  really trust you can help me.

September 16th, 2016 12:00

Hello Rahd! Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a specific antenna you recommend? If that's the solution I wil try to change the default one..

I just don't know if the warranty still covers any problem that the laptop may show after opening it or changing parts..

6 Posts

September 16th, 2016 12:00

I forgot about this topic tbh but guys there is no cure for this....all the drivers you use even the default ones and generic drivers wont work.....I just changed the wifi card at my local dealer...its an easy change half height wifi card located in the same area where the hard drive and ram stick is....you can practically do it yourself.....as for curing the problem it seems to be the card's themselves that is the problem as NO drivers work for it.

September 17th, 2016 06:00

Hi Aaron,

I have that exact same laptop and the Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter worked for me.  I have had no problems since with my wifi and didn't need to do any hardware changes.

Good luck.  I hope that helps.

Regards,

Dominique

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

September 17th, 2016 14:00

" I'm actually using a Dell Inspiron 15 3543. When I try to disable the wifi adapter (Broadcom 802.11n) trough the device manager "

:emotion-2:

You tried uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling it ? If no, then I suggest you right click driver in Device Manager, and then uninstall it. At device manager's taskbar, click on "Action",and then Scan For Hardware Changes. The system will automatically reinstall driver. By the way, windows 10 is on your system?

September 17th, 2016 15:00

Hi LSU5FAN!

I'll try doing that and I'll tell you what happens. By now is working properly, but I'm sharing my iPhone's wifi and it's very close to my laptop.

6 Posts

September 17th, 2016 20:00

my laptop wasnt really covered by warranty and I think it will void the warranty once you open it neverminding that its really quite a simple switch...atm im using a quallcomm atheros AR9485 card and works a whole lot better.....btw all these suggestions of this driver works and that one works sooner or later the computer auto updates or the driver just f**** up and then you have to go roll it back and start again which is quite annoying.

November 22nd, 2016 16:00

Did you ever figure out a fix, Aaron?

I had the same problem from the get-go with my Inspiron 3543. What would happen is:

- WiFi would often drop out

- I'd go back to the WiFi connections listing and there would be nothing listed, even though I know for a fact that my WiFi connections totally work based on my iPhone, smart Blu-Ray player, and Desktop being able to consistently connect with no issues.

- I would try to turn the WiFi adapter off and on again and it freezes the laptop every time :(

I had this issue initially and then ended up on the phone with Dell's tech support for like 3 hours while they remotely took control of my computer and tried a number of things, ultimately installing some old, super generic WiFi driver. And then it was fine.

Well, it was fine UNTIL the most recent update as of 11/21/2016 for Windows 10 64-bit and now the laptop is acting like it used to and keeps disconnecting from the WiFi and ultimately crashing with the same behavior you're seeing.

Has anybody else found the right driver that fixes this issue for the built-in 802.11n WiFi adapter for the Inspiron 3543?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

November 23rd, 2016 08:00

I also suggest you run windows update troubleshooting tool on the system. Please type Troubleshooting Control Panel onto (Cortana) search box, click on 'View All', and then windows update, I do suggest you run the other troubleshooting tools as well, see image below:

No Events found!