Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: Wifi driver problems Inspiron 3543

Hi Aaron,

I have that exact same laptop and the Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter worked for me.  I have had no problems since with my wifi and didn't need to do any hardware changes.

Good luck.  I hope that helps.

Regards,

Dominique

Highlighted
5 Iridium

" I'm actually using a Dell Inspiron 15 3543. When I try to disable the wifi adapter (Broadcom 802.11n) trough the device manager "

emoticon.BigSmile.title

You tried uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling it ? If no, then I suggest you right click driver in Device Manager, and then uninstall it. At device manager's taskbar, click on "Action",and then Scan For Hardware Changes. The system will automatically reinstall driver. By the way, windows 10 is on your system?

Highlighted

Hi LSU5FAN!

I'll try doing that and I'll tell you what happens. By now is working properly, but I'm sharing my iPhone's wifi and it's very close to my laptop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

my laptop wasnt really covered by warranty and I think it will void the warranty once you open it neverminding that its really quite a simple switch...atm im using a quallcomm atheros AR9485 card and works a whole lot better.....btw all these suggestions of this driver works and that one works sooner or later the computer auto updates or the driver just f**** up and then you have to go roll it back and start again which is quite annoying.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Did you ever figure out a fix, Aaron?

I had the same problem from the get-go with my Inspiron 3543. What would happen is:

- WiFi would often drop out

- I'd go back to the WiFi connections listing and there would be nothing listed, even though I know for a fact that my WiFi connections totally work based on my iPhone, smart Blu-Ray player, and Desktop being able to consistently connect with no issues.

- I would try to turn the WiFi adapter off and on again and it freezes the laptop every time 😞

I had this issue initially and then ended up on the phone with Dell's tech support for like 3 hours while they remotely took control of my computer and tried a number of things, ultimately installing some old, super generic WiFi driver. And then it was fine.

Well, it was fine UNTIL the most recent update as of 11/21/2016 for Windows 10 64-bit and now the laptop is acting like it used to and keeps disconnecting from the WiFi and ultimately crashing with the same behavior you're seeing.

Has anybody else found the right driver that fixes this issue for the built-in 802.11n WiFi adapter for the Inspiron 3543?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Iridium

ericaustinlee wrote: "it was fine UNTIL the most recent update as of 11/21/2016 for Windows 10 64-bit"

The recent windows update could be corrupt which is causing problems with the system's network. I do suggest you check "Update & Security" for any failed updates. Please type Windows Update Settings onto (Cortana) search box, and then click on Update History.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Iridium

I also suggest you run windows update troubleshooting tool on the system. Please type Troubleshooting Control Panel onto (Cortana) search box, click on 'View All', and then windows update, I do suggest you run the other troubleshooting tools as well, see image below:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Iridium

In "Network & Internet" settings, you can reset network and see if that makes a difference. Please click on link below:

www.howto-connect.com/.../

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Iridium

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Iridium

Lastly.....

I'd suggest you update router firmware. Please click on link below:

Resolving Connection Issues on Your Wi-Fi Network