Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 11th, 2014 05:00

Win 7 64bit webcam drivers for latitude e6510

Where are the drivers for the webcam on the latitude e6510 download page?

21 Posts

February 16th, 2015 01:00

The software for your webcam is called Dell Webcam Central

This is the url to download it.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

5 Posts

February 16th, 2015 08:00

thank you so much.i finally got it working but I went to win zip before I saw your last message.it was a battle with win zip especially when your old and never grew up with computers but with age comes persistence.tks so much again for your valuable help!

• 

3.3K Posts

October 11th, 2014 16:00

Hi petergun,

Please find the link below for the Webcam application.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/monitors/Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam%20SW%20RC1.1_%20R230103.exe

Reply to this post in case you need further assistance.

21 Posts

October 11th, 2014 23:00

Thank You!! Worked perfectly.

5 Posts

February 14th, 2015 03:00

have same problem but link did not work for me win 7 pro web cam wont work now.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 14th, 2015 18:00

mae02,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers and Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Make a system restore point.

Start, control panel, device manager, Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign. Go to each USB Root Hub. right click on it, left click uninstall.

Restart your computer. When you login, the new hardware wizard will reinstall everything. Please be patient, it could take up to 2 minutes.

Try the webcam and see if it works.

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

5 Posts

February 15th, 2015 21:00

TKS FOR FEEDBACK. YES,NEW INSTALL WIN 7 HP ON LATITUDE E6510. NO! DIDNT INSTALL IN ORDER.DUMB ME DIDNT KNOW THAT BUT EVERYTHING WORKS EXCEPT WEB CAM. UNDER DEVICE MANAGER SHOWS INTEGRATED WEBCAM WORKING PROPERLY.STATES DRIVER UP TO DATE. DID UNINSTALL AND REINSTALLAFTER READING YOUR POST I INSTALLED WEB CAM CENTRAL. WHEN TURNED ON IT STATES NO DEVICE DRIVER FOUND.I HAVENT TRIED TO UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL USB YET. HAVE CQAUTION SIGN ON LEXMARK RIGHT UNDER ANTEGRATED WEB CAM ON DEVICE MANAGER BUT COUN NOT FIND DRIVER FOR IT .THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE AFFECTING WEB CAM. ON SPECS STATES CREATIVE BUISNESS 1.4 FOR CAM BUT NEVER FOUND ANYTHING ON THERE SITE THAT WOULD WORK. BIOS IS A06,TRIED TO FLASH TO A16 BUT STATES I NEED BATTERY WHICH I THREW AWAY LONG TIME AGO.WAS DEAD.ORDERED ONE TODAY.IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER THOUGHTS ON LAPTOP NOT MY IGNORANCE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.UP ALL HOURS MYSELF AND ALSO CANT TYPE VERY WELL.TKS FOR YOUR HELP,MAE02

5 Posts

February 16th, 2015 01:00

I tried this but when I unzipped it nothing happened. is there a certain folder or location to unzip.i am one of those people who obviously need ste by step instructions.tks 

21 Posts

February 16th, 2015 02:00

Try downloading winzip free trial.

It may unzip the file for you.

I have win 7 64bit pro and when I download drivers and go to install them they often unzip to a Dell folder on the C:  drive, I go there and install them by opening the folder and finding the setup file./

If you need winzip this url will help

www.winzip.com/.../index.htm

21 Posts

February 16th, 2015 06:00

Before you worry about winzip.

Please go to your hardrive c: open the dell folder. look for the folder R230103.

Open it, find the Setup Application icon and double click it.

This should install Webcam Central which is the driver and application needed for most Dell webcams.

5 Posts

February 16th, 2015 08:00

I think I have already clicked on the wrong button again when I sent my last message. sorry if I did ,your answer worked

1 Message

December 15th, 2015 13:00

Hello guys

I just installed fresh Win7 64 bit on my new laptop. First of all I installed all drivers and some essentials applications. Now I would like to compel Skype to use camera. I installed "Dell SX2210WFP Monitor Webcam Application" but Dell Webcam Center shows only "Please plug in a supported device".

No Events found!