Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 10th, 2010 00:00

Win7x86 install on Dell B130 WORKS!!!!

I noticed lately that when you check on Dell support site that it never mentions that you can't install Win7 on a Dell B130. But fact is now I know you can install it on a Dell B130 manufactured in 2006 three years before Win7 came out. How I know this well for one thing I updated the memory to 2G and left everything as is completely wiping the HDD clean of the previous O/S and did a complete new install of Win7x86 Ultimate and it worked. The only part I had to do besides the win7 updates was to download the wifi card drive and audio and video drivers from windows update and reboot and it worked. So why Dell wouldn't mentioned that such a install with minimal hardware update couldn't be installed on a Dell B130 seems to tell me its the money factor behind what they choose to say only XP can be installed on the Dell B130. I this assumption has more to do with the money side then hardware not being able to run Win7x86.

2 Posts

March 20th, 2011 14:00

Just to add further confirmation to this thread... I too am running win7x86 sp1 on the B130.  The Windows Experence Level is only a 1, intel pentium M 1.8Ghz, and 2gb of memory.  Everything appears to run ok so far.

No Events found!