Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2015 16:00

Windows 10 admin password forgot

My system is dell inspiron 13 7348. My windows 10 admin account was locked. meaning i forgot the password. 

laptop does not have optical drive. i tried to boot from USB flash drive but i was unable to even boot from usb.

i tried lot of options/Softwares to unlock it but can't be able to unlock. please let me know what needs to be done to resolve the issue

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 14th, 2015 21:00

Hi sivakesava574,

If you forget the administrator password and don't have a password reset disk or another administrator account, you won't be able to reset the password. If there are no other user accounts on the computer, you won't be able to log on to Windows and will need to re-install Windows. However you can try out the steps offered in the link below.

http://bit.ly/1TDFWli

Note: The steps provided in the link below are not confirmed steps from Dell. Please try those steps at your own risk.

1 Message

September 17th, 2015 22:00

Hi sivakesava574! Nowadays most Windows 10 computers use UEFI firmware and you have to format your USB drive with FAT32 & GPT partition scheme. You can use Rufus to burn your Windows 10 ISO image to your USB drive and then follow this method to reset your password:

http://bit.ly/1QKwBD9

Good luck!

4 Posts

January 11th, 2017 19:00

To boot your Dell laptop from the USB drive:

First, make sure the USB is bootable, and the USB is connected to the Dell laptop.

Then, restart your Dell laptop, when power on, press F12 key repeatedly until the Boot Menu opens.

On the UEFI firmware settings, you should select the "UEFI: USB name" option, and then press Enter to boot your Dell laptop from the USB drive.

1 Message

March 13th, 2017 03:00

I made a password reset but my xps can't boot from it. no image found during startup.

P.S it is UEFI boot issue and reset it successfully with this blog post.

1 Message

May 5th, 2017 21:00

Method  1.

If you have created a password reset disk for your account, you can reset your forgotten administrator password easily. On the login screen, once you login your user account failed, you will see there is a link to reset password under the password box.

1. Insert your password reset disk and click the link.

2. A Reset Password Wizard pops up, click Next to continue.

3. Select the drive that password key disk in. Click Next.

4. Reset user account password: type in a new password for your user account and confirm. Then click Next.

5. Click Finish to complete the Password Reset Wizard. Then you can login that user with the new password.

Method 2 Reset Windows Password with another admin account

You can ask other user who has the admin account to login the server to help reset your password.

This is an available and easy way to reset a forgotten administrator password in WIndows. Just login and open the Active Directory Controller and right choose your user account to reset its password.

Method 3.  there are many free windows password reset tool out there, like ntpassword, ophcrack, or iseepassword.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ophcrack/

https://www.iseepassword.com/how-to-crack-my-windows-password.html

https://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

but you need an another working computer, and USB or DVD

2 Posts

June 28th, 2017 00:00

To reset a forgotten Windows 7/8/10 administrator password, the following instructions will activate the hidden, built-in Administrator account. You can then use that account to change the password on your normal administrator account.

1. Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories. Right click the Command Prompt and select the Run as administrator option.

2. In the command window, type the following command, exactly as shown.:

net user administrator /active:yes

Press ENTER.

You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log off, and you will now see the Built-in Administrator account as a choice to log on. Select that account. (There should not be a password associated with this account)

3. Open Contol panel / User Accounts. Select Manage another account.

4. Select your normal Administrator account and click the Remove Password option. Click the Remove Password button.

Log off and log on with your normal Administrator account and create a new password. When you create the new password, select the option to Create a password reset disk. If you forget your password again, you can use the reset disk to log on.

Source:

www.tunesbro.com/reset-windows-7-password.html

NOTE. you need to prepare an USB or DVD and a working computer to burn a reset disk.

2 Posts

June 28th, 2017 00:00

To reset a forgotten Windows 7/8/10 administrator password, the following instructions will activate the hidden, built-in Administrator account. You can then use that account to change the password on your normal administrator account.

1. Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories. Right click the Command Prompt and select the Run as administrator option.

2. In the command window, type the following command, exactly as shown.:

net user administrator /active:yes

Press ENTER.

You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log off, and you will now see the Built-in Administrator account as a choice to log on. Select that account. (There should not be a password associated with this account)

3. Open Contol panel / User Accounts. Select Manage another account.

4. Select your normal Administrator account and click the Remove Password option. Click the Remove Password button.

Log off and log on with your normal Administrator account and create a new password. When you create the new password, select the option to Create a password reset disk. If you forget your password again, you can use the reset disk to log on.

Source:

https://www.tunesbro.com/reset-windows-7-password.html

NOTE. you need to prepare an USB or DVD and a working computer to burn a reset disk.

2 Posts

August 24th, 2017 01:00

For these people who has created a reset disk for forgotten password , they can directly use the created password reset disk to recover forgot password on Windwod 10,

www.recoverywindowspassword.com/reset-forgotten-windows-10-login-password.html

Furthermore , for those people who didn't created , you can consider these way to reset your Windwos password , such as the Super Admin Account , Microsoft Acount , NT password reset , CMD ,,,,

2 Posts

August 24th, 2017 01:00

For these people who has created a reset disk for forgotten password , they can directly use the created password reset disk to recover forgot password on Windwod 10,

Furthermore , for those people who didn't created , you can consider these way to reset your Windwos password , such as the Super Admin Account , Microsoft Acount , NT password reset , CMD ,,,,

2 Posts

September 1st, 2017 00:00

Maybe the CMD can help you to set a new login password on Windows 10 ,

No Events found!