Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2015 08:00

Windows 10 audio drivers for Inspiron 17R SE (7720, Mid 2012)

Hello,

On product page related to my laptop  Inspiron 17R SE (7720, Mid 2012) there is information that "Dell has tested this product to confirm that it can upgrade to Windows 10." 

I've installed Windwos 10 Pro x64 bit everything is working fine except of audio.

There are no drivers to download from download page for Audio and sub-woofer on my laptop is not working at all.

Link to driver download page: www.dell.com/.../advanced

Could i please get download link for compatible audio driver (IDT sound card) 

1 Message

July 31st, 2015 16:00

Hey there,

I've had the same problem with my Dell.

I just installed the driver available for Windows 8.1 (64bit) and it works just as well.

This hopefully works.

5 Posts

August 4th, 2015 04:00

Download and install drivers for Windows 8.1 x64 from here:

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01745539M/1/5460_Audio_Driver_HCMKP_WN_6.10.0.6426_A00.EXE

It's working for me.

1 Message

August 3rd, 2015 20:00

I have the exact same problem.  Everything is working correctly except I have distorted sound (Loud Cracking/Crackling) that is over the sound playing and even louder when in between audible sounds (dead air on a recording/video).

I have also looked to update drivers but to no avail. 

August 6th, 2015 15:00

Thanks so much for posting this info - it corrected the audio problems I've had since upgrading to Win 10

Now I need to find out how to fix the touch pad problem............... In Win 10 I can't find any way to disable it - and when I uninstall it from its properties page - that doesn't work either.

Again - thanks for the audio help!

2 Posts

August 11th, 2015 06:00

I have updated drivers which you have mentioned but still it isnt working. The IDT drivers are there but are not working

5 Posts

August 11th, 2015 23:00

BirdLookOut - Try installing Dell Quickset Application and make sure that touchpad drivers were installed via Windwos update (it was for me):

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01749179M/1/Application_D4N3K_WN_11.1.45_A00.EXE

Shirish12 - you also should install it to activate button to change MaxxAudio settings.

Remember that after audio drivers installation you have to reboot your computer.

2 Posts

August 12th, 2015 08:00

I have installed the drivers and i have rebooted. I have done this process repeatedly. I also installed dell quickset drivers but still not working

August 12th, 2015 12:00

Hi SLONIUPL - I've done the Quickset dl and installed twice now - it's not helping.

When windows updated to 10 the version of touchpad was 10.1200.101.202 - in properties the disabled button is greyed out - I have done and uninstall and reboot numerous times and the touchpad still functions.

As was suggested somewhere else - I DL'ed and installed the previous version that was working in Win 8.1 - driver was 8.1.101.178 - Again the disable button is non functioning and touchpad still working even if I uninstall that one and reboot numerous times.

Not sure what to try next - I've searched for more info but haven't been successful.

5 Posts

August 12th, 2015 23:00

For me with the same version installed from Windows Update touch-pad is working correctly.

If you have issues then please do a clean install of Windows 10 and not upgrade.

August 13th, 2015 00:00

Does your disable button show in yours?

The touchpad works fine - my problem is - is that I DON'T want it to work and I'm trying to disable it.  Before I could just use the function key but that is also disabled and will not disable the touchpad.

5 Posts

August 13th, 2015 07:00

FN + F3 is working correctly for me, disabling the touch-pad.

I have clean install of Windows 10 with touchpad driver from windows update.

2 Posts

September 20th, 2015 05:00

After installing the Windows 8.1 driver it works better, but I still have problems. 

I still hear crackling noises once in a while, in games, or video editing.

And I have problems with the volume and Dell Audio Settings.

So...I'm waiting for and official Windows 10 Audio Driver from Dell.

4 Posts

September 26th, 2015 00:00

No QuickSet for Windows 10 too:(

2 Posts

September 26th, 2015 01:00

Yep. Although the windows 8.1 driver works for quickset. The button for general settings doesn't work at all, and the one that opens the chosen app works once in a while; but it's not such a big deal.

If they would have said that Dell 7720SE has problems with Windows 10 it would be ok, but to brag that it was tested and works perfectly - when it clearly doesn't is a big NONO on my behalf. Get you s**t together Dell!

4 Posts

September 26th, 2015 02:00

To make things worse you just don't know which version to use. The Windows 8 version (last update in 2014), or the Windows 8.1 version (last update in 2013).

I'm more concerned about battery degradation, than the button not working. I've had this lappy for 3 years and the battery is still doing OK and I still get 2 hours of battery life. I don't use the battery that often and i've had desktop mode, and extended battery life options enabled since day one. The battery would slowly discharge while plugged in, and I still haven't noticed that happening in Windows 10. 

This thread has went way off topic, but i just want to rant some more:)

I don't know if this is the case for all n7720's, but I still (A17 bios) have the GPU throttling bug, in which the GPU clock cycles from 0% to 100% if the GPU's not used (it never comes to a full stop of 135mhz). So i have to run Viber, or some other program on the 650M, and then the GPU finally settles. 

Well at least they did fix the battery-unplug-GPU throttle issue after 3 years, so who knows, maybe in another 3 years they will fix everything.

This is the best, worst laptop I have ever owned:)

Regards

No Events found!