Highlighted
Not applicable

Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15R N5010

Jump to solution

Has anybody upgraded from WIN 7 to 10 on that machine? Any problems occur? Everythig works fine? Stay with WIN 7 or go with WIN 10?

77 Replies

RE: Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15R N5010

Jump to solution

Hi ksproboszcz,

Currently there are NO compatible Windows 10 drivers available for this particular model however you will need to check if you can install the Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode in Windows 10.

Also, there will be no Windows 10 drivers as these model did not come with Windows 8 or 8.1 driver. Please check for the Windows 10 driver availability after the Windows 10 release. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You can check if there are drivers for win10. If there are't any on dell.com, you can download a driver from the official website of the hardware manufacturer. for example the motherboard may be from asus. or you can find some tutorial on my blog http://www.driverscollection.net/ thank you

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
Diamond

Jump to solution

For older models pretty much all the system drivers will be inbuilt to Windows 10 or automatically obtained via Windows Updates.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hard to believe. Too many issues occur after upgrading. I don't trust M$. Stay with W7. New W10's features aren't crucial/useful for me so I gonna stay with W7 that runs smoothly on N5010. I'll have bought new laptop with better OS than W10 (hope so) by 2020 when W7 support comes to the end.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
Diamond

Jump to solution

For instructions on Upgrading see here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows/a-clean-install-of-windows-10/u...

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

OK, but N5010 isn't supported by DELL and many problems occurred. So the question is: Will W10 run properly on N5010? I don't think so...

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
Diamond

Jump to solution

Upgrade installs are usually problematic but the initial upgrade is necessary to register your system as a Windows 10 Device. Failure to do so will lead to an unactivated Windows 10 product. For this reason, I recommend upgrading and then making the Recovery Drive and Clean Reinstalling with it.

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

OK, got it. Have you tried to upgrade N5010 in this way? I'd do this if I knew it work fine on N5010.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
Diamond

Jump to solution

I don't have an Inspiron N5010 but I have upgraded a Latitude D820 (which is much older), Latitude E5510 (which is about the same age) and an Inspiron 13 7347 (which is new) all successfully.

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos