Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 26th, 2015 06:00

Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15R N5010

Has anybody upgraded from WIN 7 to 10 on that machine? Any problems occur? Everythig works fine? Stay with WIN 7 or go with WIN 10?

September 4th, 2015 18:00

Audio driver no longer works.  I've tried everything but all audio is gone.  If anyone has a solution, please advise.

Thanks,

Herb

7 Posts

September 4th, 2015 22:00

Hi,

I upgraded my inspiron 14r n4010 from windows 7 to windows 10.I think n4010 and n5010 are similar.Graphics drivers were installed with windows update.You cant install many drivers dell provided for your model like bluetooth and wireless.But windows inbuilt wireless drivers are working fine.You cant install bluetooth anyway.A  problem is occuring with synaptics but is very rare.You can download and install synaptics and realtek drivers from their official sites.

11 Posts

September 5th, 2015 02:00

Could you get at driver for the synaptic touch pad.  On my inspiron N5010 the scroll both horizontal and vertical are not functioning.  I could not get any driver update from synaptics' website. I do not know whether the realtek drivers are being used by windows 10 or it has installed its own. but its working.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 5th, 2015 02:00

Try installing newest to oldest here. Can you let me know the newest driver which works with your model?

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/dell-touchpad-drivers/

7 Posts

September 7th, 2015 00:00

The basic driver installed with windows 10 does not support scrolling and special gestations. So i think you need to install synaptics driver from dell or synaptics official website.Try random drivers and you will find a suitable driver for you.Read Philip Yip;s answer.

11 Posts

September 7th, 2015 01:00

The latest driver available on Dell site is the same 2010 released software and its installation doesn't work.  Synaptics is not providing any update.

7 Posts

September 7th, 2015 04:00

The latest driver available on Dell site is the same 2010 released software and its installation doesn't work.  Synaptics is not providing any update.

http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php

Try drivers from this link.

October 4th, 2015 16:00

Hello, Iam getting a notice for Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter on my 14R Inspiron 4010. Was wondering if things are working fine with windows 10 update at your end ?

11 Posts

October 5th, 2015 03:00

I updated by 15R Inspiron N5010.  Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter is working very well.  The scroll function of the Synaptics touch pad is a little bit limited.  I updated from Dell's site and the updated version provides some better functionality.  It looks they have provided some what modified software that indicates the touch pad as Synaptics TouchPad V7.2 PS/2.

I will suggest that you try to download a fresh driver from Dell.

I have not noticed any other problem.

H P Agrawal

1 Message

October 15th, 2015 10:00

I also have an E5510 and upgraded from Win7 to Win10 without any real issues.  But, just discovered that the internal microphone driver no longer works.  Dell is not doing any Win10 driver updates.

Wonder is you found this issue and might have a solutions.  I am using external mic now.

Thanks

October 16th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

I did my upgrade, it took few attempts but things are working fine. No issues with wireless but the system is very slow to boot and often ends up re-starting.

1.2K Posts

October 17th, 2015 19:00

I did a clean install N5110 core i5 to a brand new Samsung Evo 850 SSD 250GB and everything seems to be working. I did not test bluetooth. 

1 Message

November 5th, 2015 12:00

I have the Dell N5010 and was unable to upgrade also without losing bluetooth and graphics driver.  If memory serves correctly I had sound issues as well.

11 Posts

November 5th, 2015 19:00

N5010 does not support Windows 10.. I too have finally removed and returned back to windows 7.  But I am facing another problem.  The Dell system Detect says that my operating system is Windows 10 wheres I have already removed windows 10 through their option of reverting back to the old operating system.  Specially Broadcom wireless adapter and mouse are not supported.  Wireless adapter under Windows 10 has been frequently loosing connection and kept of searching for the modem.  The Synaptics Touch Pad - -lost both vertical and horizontal scroll function.

Further Dell is not providing any update to these hardwares installed on the laptop.

50 Posts

November 18th, 2015 09:00

I upgraded, but there were issues with the sound drivers and and bluetooth drivers, so I rolled back (after the 30 days). No issues now, but am wondering if the Win10 Service Pack 1 has fixed these driver issues. No way to tell, I reckon.

No Events found!