b12k
1 Copper

RE: Windows 10 touchpad gestures no longer working as expected (XPS 13 9333)

Same problem...

Did anyone find solution?

0 Kudos
mxt3
1 Copper

I experience the same problem with the v19 touchpad drivers for my xps 15. I found a workaround consisting of killing the SynTPEnh.exe process, and then restarting it (it's located at C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\ ). This process seems responsible for processing the multi touch gestures. I suspect that, as restarting this program fixes the problem, it is a bug in the driver rather than a hardware problem or bug in Windows. Dell/Synaptics should update its driver.

To make this workaround as streamlined as possible, I made a little batch file on my desktop that does the killing and restarting, with this command:

(taskkill /IM SynTPEnh.exe /F && start /D "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\" SynTPEnh.exe) || pause

The Console window only appears very briefly if killing and restarting the process worked fine, otherwise an error is shown and command pauses to let you read the error message.

(Of course, this workaround is at you own risk. killing a process regularly isn't exactly gentle, but it seems to do no harm on my system)

pacody
1 Copper

Killing the process doesn't seem to change the wonky gesture settings for me.  XPS14

Hopefully Dell updates this driver.  This is quite frustrating.

0 Kudos
pacody
1 Copper

I uninstalled the driver, then installed an older 32bit version I found by searching dell drivers on the dell site for my service tag and it solved the problem until I closed my laptop (sleep).

0 Kudos
dsokolic
1 Copper

I have the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. That fixed it temporarily - then reverted to launching settings on swipe down and cortana on Swipe Up. Very very annoying

0 Kudos
dsokolic
1 Copper

Also tried upgrading the BIOS ... still have the same problem.

0 Kudos

Hi polmes,

I am not sure that I am going to be able to help you a lot.

However since i have never used an XPS System, I just need some help from you.

On your Keyboard if you take a Look at the F1, F2 keys you will get to some kind of an Image on it.

on what F* Key do you get to see the Touchpad Icon.
Let take for Example you get to see on F6.

Then Please try the FN+F6 key combination and let us know what happens.

before trying this, please ensure that you have installed the Touchpad Driver and Not using any Generic Drivers on the Computer.

Regards,

Trojan_Horse.

0 Kudos
dsokolic
1 Copper

When I reboot - it works for a while - but then when the machine goes in sleep mode it reverts to pulling up the settings app on a 3-finger swipe. 

DELL - ARE YOU FIXING THIS? This is the kind of stuff that makes people buy a macbook

0 Kudos

hi polmes,

Please Try Uninstalling and Re-installing the Application.

Once Done, Go into the Device Manager.
Under the Mice and other Pointing devices.
You will get to see Dell Touchpad.
Right Click on it and go to the Properties.
You will get to see Power Management. over there you will get to see an Option
"Allow the Computer to turn off this Device to Save Power".
Please Uncheck the BOX and see if this Issue is getting resolved.

As per your Post you mentioned that if you restart your Computer it is working fine for a while.

Hope this May help you.

Regards,

Trojan_Horse.

0 Kudos
AdspA
1 Nickel

Hi Trojan_Horse_17

Your proposed solution doesn't work because there is no "Power Management" tab in the Properties for Dell Touchpad.

0 Kudos