7 Plutonium

RE: Windows 10 upgrade resulted in SD Card reader not working on my Latitude E6430u

I have an Inspiron 7548 and I'm also having the same issue.  I downloaded Dell Command Update and after spending like 10 minutes looking for updates it tells me this app isn't compatible with my system.  What gives, Dell?  

Dell says the 7548 system is compatible with Win 10 and the card reader driver is here.  This package provides the Realtek Card Reader driver for RTS5227E, 5176E, 5170GRT and is supported on Vostro 5480, Inspron 7447, Inspron 7548, Inspron 20 Model 3043 running Win 10.

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
JWM84
1 Copper

RE: Windows 10 upgrade resulted in SD Card reader not working on my Latitude E6430u

I installed the driver but still noting.  When I insert a SD card "USB2.0-CRW" pops up on my device manager.  Also, alas, I am not financially well endowed so an Inspiron is what I have.  I guess that will show me how much Dell thinks of their customers who can't afford their top of the line products.

0 Kudos
slim_thumb
1 Copper

A simple temporary solution for non-functioning card reader is to buy a USB SD card reader. USB 2.0 ones cost less than 10 bucks. USB 3.0 ones cost 15-20 bucks (and it is backward compatible for USB 2.0).

0 Kudos
tomwoc
1 Nickel

Hi Slim_thumb I already bought one on ebay for $2.88 which included delivery from CA.

Thanks,

Tomwoc

0 Kudos
ch_tjhdtvi
1 Copper

hi

you can try to use these drivers from dell

O2 Micro OZ600xxx Memory Card Reader Driver

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

downloads.dell.com/.../O2Micro-_OZ600XXX-Memory-Car_A01_R300787.exe

worked fine on windows 10 and 6420

To install the drivers, use the manual installation process.

BigBillMac
1 Copper

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and when I insert a flash card into my PCMCIA slot my PC under devices and Printers shows the flash card as "Unspecified TOSHIBA_THNCF512MQG". When I go to my taskbar I can safely remove hardware and eject media and I see my flash card TOSHIBA_THNCF512MQG to eject. What is Unspecified, my driver or my flash card?

0 Kudos

I had a similar problem when upgraded from Win7 pro to Win 10 and came here to find a solution. But quickly noticed the following which resolved my problem:

Go to Device Manager

Under 'System Devices', make sure this device is 'Enabled':

Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6 - 1E1A  (try to enable them all in case there is some disabled).
For some reason, I found the above specific device 'disabled', so I just enabled it and my SD card works as normal and the following driver appeared in Storage Controllers:

O2Micro Integrated MMC/SD controller.

I did not need to install anything.

My laptop is Dell Latitude E6530

Hope it works for you too

BigBillMac
1 Copper

Everything in my device manager is already enabled so it made no difference.

0 Kudos
tomwoc
1 Nickel

William,

There have been numerous people suggesting a number of ideas for fixing the SD drive but your suggestion of enabling the  Root port 6 1E1A as you described above did the trick - thank you very much!!!

I have given your response a thumbs up as well as 5 Stars!

All the best,

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jon57
1 Nickel

If you have a latitude line of machine please check out the Dell Command Update.  I installed in on my E6530 and it works great to pull the correct drivers including for the fingerprint reader.  I have had only issues with fingerprint reader getting the correct drivers, it sometimes will not find the correct ones when Command Update runs, but once you finally get the correct ones in once it does a good job of maintaining them.  I can try on an E6510 at some point if needed.  I need to do that anyway but just have to find the time to do it.

0 Kudos