Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2012 12:00

Windows 7 Build 7600 not genuine

I've had my Inspiron 1720 for some time and had no problems.  Recently I was going on a  trip and wanted to be able to watch moves from a USB drive to extend the battery.  I eneded up having to download some server software from Microsoft.  Shortly afterwords I started getting the "Windows 7 Build 7600 not genuine".  Has anyone else encountered this, and if so is there a solution other than re-baselining from the system disc??

Thanks. 

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 20th, 2012 06:00

This happened to me recently.  I entered the COA Key from the Change product key menu and then re activated.

The machine then says that Windows is genuine again.   The Black Screen will have to be changed by changing the desktop.

Windows can show as “Non-Genuine” for several reasons, such as incorrect Date and Time or an incorrect Product Key.

To verify Date and Time are correct:

·        Click the Start Button on the Desktop

·        In the Search field type Date and Time and press enter

·        Verify the date and time is set correctly

Retype the Product Key:

·        Select Computer

·        Select System Properties on the Taskbar

·        At the bottom click Change product key and retype your Product Key

Reactivate by Phone:

·        In the Search field type SLUI 4.exe and press enter (Note, there is a space between “I” and “4”)

·        Select your country

·        Call the phone number listed and follow the automated prompts.

If Windows is still showing Non-Genuine please download and run theMGA Diagnostic Tool, post the results along with any  previous troubleshooting steps performed in the Microsoft Genuine Advantage forums.

Note: If your Operating System is Windows Vista SP1 or earlier you will notice you do not have access to the Start Button as Windows is in Reduced Functionality Mode.

If the Operating System is in Reduced Functionality Mode below are the steps needed to download and run the MGA Diagnostic Tool:

·        When you login to Vista, a window with several options will be available, select the option to open your  Internet browser.

·        Type: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 into the browser address bar.

·        A window will come up prompting to “Run” or “Save”, select “Run”

·        When the MGA Diagnostic Tool starts running click the “Continue” button, when the diagnostics is complete click the “Copy” button.

·        Paste the report into a thread in the appropriateWindows Genuine Advantage forum.

4 Posts

March 20th, 2012 09:00

When I went to Microsoft and went through the validation process, I ended up getting a message telling me to go to the computer manufacturer as the this is an  EOM Product Key.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 20th, 2012 10:00

Reactivate by Phone:

·        Click the Start Button on the Desktop

·        In the Search field type SLUI 4.exe and press enter (Note, there is a space between “I” and “4”)

·        Select your country

·        Call the phone number listed and follow the automated prompts.

No Events found!