Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 13th, 2012 02:00

Windows 7 Installation Problem on Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520

Hi,

I'm installing Windows 7 Ultimate via USB drive. And I get this error when booting to the USB.

A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB flash drive, please insert it now.

Any suggestion which driver to load?

4.4K Posts

June 13th, 2012 03:00

Hi nzuhdi,

Welcome to the Community,

Before installing the Windows,access system setup (BIOS),by tapping F2 on start up(Dell log0),on System set up screen Press F9 to restore BIOS to default,press F10 to save and exit.

After setting the BIOS to default,try installing the windows and see if it lets you install windows without asking for the driver.

Thank You

4 Posts

Hi Roshan!

When I hit F9, it says "Load Optimal Defaults". I hit "Yes". After that I "Exit Saving Changes".

However, the problem remains unsolved. It still ask for "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB flash drive, please insert it now."

4.4K Posts

Since that did not help,go back to BIOS,select on Advanced on the top,select SATA operation and set it to AHCI ,Exit Saving Changes.Than try installing Windows.

4.4K Posts

June 13th, 2012 04:00

On which screen do you get this message about missing driver? Do you have any Windows DVD/CD (any version) ?If yes,try booting from the Windows Dvd and see if you still get that message.

The USB Key which you're trying to use was that sent from Dell?

4 Posts

I saw the error message after I clicked on "Install now"

I will try to get the DVD copy of windows.

The usb key that I use is not from Dell. It worked on my other laptop though.

4 Posts

I tried that too. It also failed.

I also tried ATA and Intel Smart Response Technology. Both failed too.

Weird.

4.4K Posts

June 13th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

Try downloading and installing this driver from the link below:

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Note:Set the BIOS to default first and than try installing the above driver when you get that message to install driver.

Let me know if this works

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 13th, 2012 09:00

Try remaking a bootable USB with the .iso here, as instructed. This .iso has Service Pack 1 and should have included the SATA drivers you need.

Use this and follow my wiki A Clean Install of Windows 7. You should not change the SATA operation to ACHI as it will perform slower.

1 Message

September 21st, 2013 16:00

Hi, i have a problem with win7 boot. After the Dell logo there is a white marker and after that the system reboots itself.

I have WIN7 Ultimate x64. 

No Events found!