Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 18th, 2013 12:00

Windows 8.1 ATI Radeon 4570 Graphics Card Issue

Hi, after updating to Windows 8.1 on my Dell Studio 1555 laptop, I am unable to play games such as minecraft because of the graphics card drivers. I've checked with AMD and I have the latest driver - although this was released in 2009! Is there any way apart from factory are setting my laptop back to Windows 8, to make it work again? (If there's not, I won't be buying from Dell or AMD again.)

Thanks a lot for any help,

John

953 Posts

October 18th, 2013 13:00

Hi John,

There is an updated driver (released on 1/21/2013) available on AMD’s Website. Have you tried updating these drivers?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 18th, 2013 14:00

Hi and thanks for your help. Should I get the 13.1 release or the 13.4 beta release? Thanks again,

John :)

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 18th, 2013 14:00

The version 13.1 does not work. I'm trying 13.4 beta now.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 20th, 2013 03:00

Hi, That didn't work either - games still crash and windows still says its incompatible. What should I try now?

953 Posts

October 21st, 2013 18:00

Hi John,

Dell has not tested Windows 8 on Studio 1555 machine and this model is now EOL (End of Life) hence no further drivers will be released for this machine. We must try the Windows 7 64-bit/32-bit drivers available on our support site. If these drivers do not work we recommend drivers from the Manufacturer’s website. The drivers that I provided you are from the AMD’s website. Unfortunately, these drivers are not compatible with your machine. Before upgrading to Windows 8.1 did you check the Windows 8.1 Pre-Update Checklist? Please go through the checklist and let us know if your computer qualifies for Windows 8.1 upgrade.

Please do write back to us.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 22nd, 2013 00:00

Hi, I just took a look at the page - my system, and indeed the whole Studio series, isn't mentioned in the list. Would it be possible for either Dell or AMD to release drivers for this machine, perhaps as a courtesy or a thank you? Otherwise my laptop is practically useless. I've really enjoyed my Dell system, but the fact that my laptop had it's end of life less than three years of purchasing the system is extremely disappointing..

Thanks for your continued support,

John Lee

953 Posts

October 22nd, 2013 19:00

Hi John,

The final solution we could suggest was to install the drivers from the AMD’s website however, this didn’t work. The driver’s requirement for Windows 8.1 is variably different from that of Windows 7 which results in stability issues with older version of Windows. Let’s wait for AMD to release any newer version of drivers that might be stable with your computer.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 23rd, 2013 11:00

Hi, are you suggesting that a driver for my graphics card and Windows 8.1 is in the works? I would expect it is - bearing in mind the system is only three years old. I feel disappointed with the fact that my system is already end-of-life (I was expecting to use this laptop for at least 5 years.)

Thanks for your continued support,

John Lee

953 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 19:00

Hi John,

To be precise, Dell cannot assure any release of drivers from AMD. It is solely AMD’s discretion to issue any future release of drivers.

An EOL (End of Life) product does not mean that the support from Dell for this product has ended. An EOL (End of Life) product if carries an extended warranty is still supported for Hardware Related issues by Dell. Software issues concerning the Original Software (including Original Operating System) that was shipped with the computer will be supported continually if the computer carries the warranty. Factory Installed Dell Applications will be available for download from Dell. To know more please visit the following links:

Understanding the Dell Limited Hardware Warranty

How to download Dell-installed Software and Drivers from My Dell Downloads

Please reply if you have any further queries.

1 Message

May 17th, 2014 11:00

Hi John

I Had the same problem with my Dell Studio 1555 which has Intel Centrino processor. And download the following driver to fix my problem & it worked.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails/Product/studio-1555?driverId=R264627&osCode=W764&fileId=2731112323&languageCode=EN&categoryId=VI

Try it & feedback

Best regards

Asela Herath

No Events found!