Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 14th, 2014 08:00

Windows 8.1 slow start up time, sleep issues solved!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I posted this to help anyone who came across with slow start up and sleep issues in windows 8.1. ( Dell Inspiron 15-3537)

I recently upgraded from windows 8 to 8.1. After installing all the drivers found that fast start up not working and laptop does not awake from "sleep" state. Tried many solutions for few day,but no results. :(

Actually reinstalling the Intel Video driver solved the problem. When I was going to install video driver, it was said that a newer version is already installed. However neglected that and downgraded the video driver. Woahhh!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED.

And have to say, that 8.1 is faster than 8.

So make sure that you install the latest driver given in dell website.

GOOD LUCK

1 Message

February 11th, 2014 07:00

Do we need to install drivers again after upgrading to Windows 8.1 for Windows 8?

And could you please send me the link of the "Intel Video Driver " which you re-installed.

Thank You.

3 Posts

February 11th, 2014 08:00

Yes you have to install them again (windows 8.1 drivers) .Especially vga drivers.

Im not sure whether this driver will support your laptop.but check it

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-15-3537?driverId=Y3FHH&osCode=WB64A&fileId=3321814127&languageCode=EN&categoryId=VI

1 Message

April 2nd, 2014 13:00

Awesome dear, It worked good for me, just did this few minutes back though :-) By the way, mine is a Dell 5537. I just downgraded the Intel video driver, the lower version was available in my system itself. Thanks

1 Message

January 5th, 2015 10:00

Hi there, I have the same Dell Inspiron 15, 3537. 

I'm facing the same problem with Slow Start Up issue after installing Windows 8.1.

According to what you mentioned about reinstalling the Intel Video Driver, Can you please give proper steps on how to do this. In my laptop I've got a AMD Radeon Graphics. 

Please help regarding this matter as my PC is very slow at the start up after installing the Windows 8.1 Update. 

Thanks.

No Events found!