Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 18th, 2015 22:00

Windows Update video related updates

Windows update has notified me that there are updates to nVidia m 560 and Intel HD 3000 components on my laptop (XPS 15 L502X).  I have assumed in the past that Dell has made some adjustments to the software itself so updates from Windows Update should not be downloaded, but, is this the case?  Dell's own update system indicates no new updates for the video components.

Thanks

Fred

June 19th, 2015 00:00

Hi Fred,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

It is always recommended to update the latest drivers from Dell support site, since they are customized particularly for your system model. Please go through the following link, which gives detailed info on how to determine and install the latest drivers for your system:

http://dell.to/1LmI4FZ 

Hope that helps. Do let me know if you have any questions.  

55 Posts

June 20th, 2015 01:00

Thanks for your reply.  I am aware of Dell's update system.  What is a worry is that Windows Update thinks that some drivers should be updated.  We really shouldn't have to worry that Windows Update will get things wrong and give us bad updates, from a Dell machine point of view.

Fred

June 22nd, 2015 02:00

Hi Fred,

It could be that the Windows update might have checked with the Nvidia & Intel site and found an update. Hence it might have notified you saying that there is an update. 

No Events found!