gdprun
1 Copper

Re: Windows update disabled brightness control.

All,

I just downloaded and installed the Studio1569 video driver as noted above.  This does make the birghtness control for  f4 and f5 work properly.  The latest dirves posted by Dell for 1558, as of 3/12/10 has 8.15.10.1968 A00, dated release of 1/11.  The one that works is 8.15.10.1986.  Interesting last four digits- transposed???  Why hasn't Dell figured this out??  Thanks for the help.

Post note: I have received a replacement 1558 for the random/ fan shutdown issue which has plauged the 1558 model line and frustrated loyal Dell Customers.  It will be interesting to see how that "replacement" laptop is configured with drivers and bios.

Thanks again, Glenn

0 Kudos
amirsol2003
1 Copper

I Updated bios to A08 for freezing and when laptop go to sleep and then wake up I can't Balance monitor brightness

and  intel turbo boost Technology Driver :  cannot start

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Keyman33
1 Copper

Exactly the same circumstance for me.   I updated the Bios to A08 to stop my freezing issues, and now I cannot balance the monitor brightness.

0 Kudos
trickydonut
1 Copper

I'm having the same problem, but didn't download an intel graphics accelerator update.  I have an ATI Radeon HD 5470 video card.  The problem started for me when I downloaded the Bios A08.  Studio 1558, i5 520, 1080p screen.

0 Kudos
egebel
1 Copper

I too am having this same problem on my Inspiron 1720.  Do I solve this the same way through the updates?  Any specific steps to help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
mackphaeder
1 Copper

I installed bios A08 with no problems.  Studio 1558 i7 740 1080p ATI HD 5470

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mahes
1 Copper

Hi,

I am also not able to change the brightness in my monitor. i tried updating bios to A12 and it is not helping to resolve the issue.

You mentioned to update the driver. Which driver you are referring ? How to update the driver ? Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Mahes

0 Kudos