Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 15th, 2009 22:00

Wireless Adapter disappears on D610 after Clean Install of XP??????

Hey Guys - I reinstalled XP on my Dell Latitude D610 - all was going well until I noticed that my Device Manager did not recognize my wireless adapter that was there preivously?

The BIOS is setup to enable wireless adapter.  I attempted to press FN+F2 to enable it with no-joy, Device Manager does not show any problem hardware or any sign of a network adapter?

What am I missing?  I downloaded the latest drivers from Dell to help use after the clean install, but nada. 

Any ideas?  Thanks much!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 16th, 2009 08:00

sunnybhantu,

After a clean install, you need to install the desktop/notebook utility and then the chipset drivers next or the other drivers will not install.

How to Install Drivers in Microsoft® Windows® on Dell Systems

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

:emotion-55: Hint :emotion-55: When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 16th, 2009 02:00

sammy5gs,

After a clean install, you need to install the desktop/notebook utility first, then the chipset drivers or the other drivers won't install.

How to Install Drivers in Microsoft® Windows® on Dell Systems

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

:emotion-55: Hint :emotion-55: When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

April 16th, 2009 03:00

Hi! actually

can u pls tell me if in the device manager this is message is showing ? network controller

if so then install proper drivers. there r two types one is intel wireless and other is dell wireless

try to install one by one. then u will come to know which driver is useful for ur laptop.

try to get another wireless card for checking swap the wireless card and check if working that means wireless card was faulty.

if not then change ur motherboard and try. this will surely help u.

1 Message

September 13th, 2014 23:00

so what ones in those am I to get?  there are several drivers in the video and all the rest.  any specifics?

No Events found!