Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 11th, 2012 08:00

Wireless card/connection not responsive after sleep/hibernation

I have an Inspiron 5010 that will not re-establish its wireless connection after the computer goes to sleep. The only way to get it to reconnect to the wireless connection is to reboot. I have 3 other laptops in the house that do not have this issue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter (Intel 1000) and unchecked the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Power management for the adapter, so I don't think its either of those two. Any ideas appreciated. I love the laptop, but this is annoying. Thanks. 

4.4K Posts

May 11th, 2012 09:00

Hi jlandwehr61,

Welcome to the Community,

Try updating the wireless card driver from the Intel website directly as they have an updated driver version 15.1.1.

You the link below to download the driver for Windows 7( If you are using a different operating system you can search for compatible driver on the same link below ).

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

Hope this helps,

Thank You

Roshan

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

May 11th, 2012 11:00

If updating the driver doesn't help, try rechecking "allow the computer to turn off this device..." Then Windows will know to restart the card when resuming from Hibernation.

50 Posts

May 14th, 2012 07:00

Roshan,

You were right, I was down 2 versions (13.2 to 15.1.1) on my adapter driver. I updated it and tried sleep/reconnect and while it took a bit, the adapter did reconnect to the network. The interesting thing is, when I tried to update the driver using the "check for updates" portion of the driver panel, it said that I had the most recent driver. When I used Intel's "seek" system to check my laptop, that found and then updated the driver. So, I think that might have been the answer. Time will tell. Thanks to both you and Mary G. for your replies. Jim

4.4K Posts

May 15th, 2012 06:00

Welcome jlandwehr61,

Glad its working now,

Thank you for posting back.

Roshan

No Events found!