Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2015 17:00

Wireless problem: frequently disconnecting

My laptop is a Latitude E5450, the wireless card is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265. When connecting to internet it frequently disconnects from the wireless. Sometimes it automatically reconnects but most of the times it wont.

It can detect existing Networks among them it sees my modem, but when I try to connect it manually it says "unable to connect to the network..."

connection manager : Intel wifi connection utility which comes with the laptop.

Is there any solution?

2K Posts

September 18th, 2015 22:00

Hi RezaA.iit,

When did the issue start? Has it worked fine before? How old is your router? Have you contacted your ISP and updated the router firmware? What is the router channel set to? Is the issue seen on 2GHz or 5GHz? Do other systems work fine with the same network? Could you try connecting the system to another network and test it? Are you the only user of the system?

Update the BIOS from support.dell.com - http://dell.to/1kGWIcI - enter the service tag and select drivers and downloads and run the BIOS update.

Download the driver - http://intel.ly/1FTgPQ3 - uninstall the existing wireless drivers from control panel -> programs and features and from device manager. Restart the system. Then install the new drivers and check.

If the issue is not resolved, then

• Create a new admin account and test the system on it.
  • Restart the system and check in safe mode with networking.
  • Create a hotspot / wifi access point on your phone and try connecting to it and check if it works fine.
  • Test the system with another network.

Keep us updated.

3 Posts

September 25th, 2015 13:00

Thanks for your reply.

I have my home network setup from 2 years ago, and we have 2 other laptops, two mobile phones, and 1 tablet all connected to the network without any problem.

The problem started when I bought the new Dell laptop almost 4-5 months ago. At the beginning, the laptop used to reset the router frequently. Then, suggested by a friend, I changed the router channel from 1 to 11. After that the problem with the modem was resolved and then I just experienced it within the Dell laptop itself.

I also updates the Bios and the wireless driver card as you suggested, it didn't affect the problem though.

The current situation: I might try what you have suggested at the end. But I am not buying Dell laptops anymore. That is the first and last time for sure.

Other issues with the laptop(if you are interested):

1- When the battery charge goes under 30% the screen starts flickering and becomes worse and worse until I plug in the charger. It does not have a difference under windows or linux. It continuous flickering even at the startup page (when there is only the dell logo)

2- Some times the keyboard sticks and repeats the same key forever. The same in windows and linux.

2K Posts

September 25th, 2015 22:00

Hi RezaA.iit,

I can suggest few more steps to help resolve the wireless issue. However, since you state that there are 2 more issues on the system, seen both on windows and linux, I would suspect a hardware issue on the system.

Is there any damage / liquid spillage on the system? Were there any bluescreens / system crashes? The adapter and battery you are currently using, is that the original adapter / battery received with the system? Could you connect an external monitor and observe the screen, if the screen flickering is seen on the external monitor as well, then we can isolate the motherboard to be causing the issue.

For the keyboard issue, what keys have this behavior? Depending on the key set, we can isolate the keyboard / keyboard controller.

If the system is under warranty, then please send me the service tag of the system and your contact details through a private conversation. Or you could use Twitter - @dellcarespro - for faster communication. We can help setup a service call for the system based on your warranty and your region.

3 Posts

September 28th, 2015 04:00

Hi Rishi,

Thank you for replying!

There is no damage/liquid spillage on the system.

There are no bluscreen/crashes.

The adapter and the battery are the original ones.

When connecting to an external monitor, the screen of the monitor does not flicker.

The keyboard issue is not very frequent, next time I will consider checking which keys are acting so. As I remember, 'r' arrow keys, 'enter' had this behavior, but I have to check to be sure.

The system is under warranty (we bought it 4-5 months ago), but since this is a company laptop, I have to ask our IT guys to send you the official request.

Best,

Reza

2K Posts

October 2nd, 2015 00:00

Hi Reza,

We have not received any requests regarding your system. Based on your region, the IT team usually contacts our phone support. If a case has been reported, then please provide us with a service request# and we can close this existing case on the community forums.

Also, based on your description, if the flickering is not seen on the external monitor, then the LCD of the system is probably faulty.

A service call, might probably resolve all the issues you are currently facing on the system.

No Events found!