manishbhat11
1 Copper

Worst deal of my life :(

I want to share the biggest mistake of my life - buying the dell studio 1558 - some 3 years back. Ever since I bought this damn thing.. it never treated me good... I must have spent half the original price of the laptop towards buying the extended warranty for the product - as I am sure - the day the warranty is over - there's gonna be something happening to it.

I have had the vital parts replaced more than once, and still it heats up and I could literally iron a shirt with it's bottom - somtimes it feels like my thighs might get the burns from the bottom of the laptop.

After all these "attempts to keep it alive"... I somehow think the laptop I have is "one of those" defective pieces which everyone fears of ending up with while buying electronics.

I am really frustrated and feel indignant as a customer and want to reach out to someone who can do something about it - if anyone knows a "path to follow" .. I will really appreciate that.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
8 Krypton

RE: Worst deal of my life :(

Three years is the generally-agreed on design life of a notebook - in fact, many vendors (Apple among them) won't let you buy coverage for anything longer.  Start saving for your next system.

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

RE: Worst deal of my life :(

No vendor is going to guarantee forever

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2377

MacBook Pro: Distorted video or no video issues
Symptoms

The NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor repair extension program ended on December 7, 2012.
This program provided extended repair coverage for a period of four years from the date of purchase, and as of Dec 7th 2012, it is unlikely products qualify for this extended repair coverage.

Specific products affected:

MacBook Pro 15-inch and 17-inch models with NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processors
        MacBook Pro (17-inch, 2.4GHz)
        MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.4/2.2GHz)
        MacBook Pro (Early 2008)
    These computers were manufactured between approximately May 2007 and September 2008

Resolution

If you experience distorted video or no video issues, contact Apple or take your affected product to an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store to determine which service and support options are available. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail store, make a reservation at the Genius Bar using http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ (available in some countries only).
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.
Last Modified: Jun 20, 2013

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos