Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2015 00:00

Wrong Windows on Inspiron 3543

Recently I downloaded Windows 10 on my Inspiron 3543 laptop, a week after from my upgrade, Windows had its first upgrade and started to having Blue screens (Stop errors) repeatedly.

After blue screens I called Microsoft Support and they said that I have wrong windows on my laptop, this windows is for Personal machines not Bussiness machines. Actually they activated wrong windows on this laptop.

I returned to Windows 8.1 and I want to change type of Windows. Can changing Product key solve that problem?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 11th, 2015 01:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing us!

This is an issue with windows 10 upgrade ,the system was shipped with 8.1 and the upgrade to should ideally work fine it the update and updates are installed uninterrupted.

Blue screen could have happened as the installation of the update.In regards to a wrong operating system if it an upgrade from 8.1 and it worked fine for a week then its definitely the update.

We would advise you to talk to Microsoft because changing the product key will not change the operating system.

Thanks

Robin

6 Posts

December 11th, 2015 02:00

Thanks for your reply. I took this screenshot when Blue Screen happens started after (Windows 10 was updated on December 1st). Microsoft support said that we have no problem with updates this blue screen can be occur from Rams or wrong Windows. Support suggested me bring this laptop to the shop where I bough for re setup (but i can't because I live in far away from this city)

I checked rams with several tests rams are fine. I hope this picture would help solve the problem.

6 Posts

December 11th, 2015 02:00

Thanks for your reply. I took this screenshot when Blue Screen happens started after (Windows 10 was updated on December 1st). Microsoft support said that we have no problem with updates this blue screen can be occur from Rams or wrong Windows. Support suggested me bring this laptop to the shop where I bough for re setup (but i can't because I live in far away from this city)

I checked rams with several tests rams are fine. I hope this picture would help solve the problem.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 15th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

In this case the only other option is reinstall the operating system or a factory reset.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!