Re: X200 won't boot, won't power up correctly, screen blank, speakers click repeatedly

Concerning the CMOS battery

if it gives the right volts so it's ok and don't need to be replaced

0 Kudos

Re: X200 won't boot, won't power up correctly, screen blank, speakers click repeatedly

Hi gminpa,

I am sorry for responding late. CMOS battery on this system is 6V and if you are considering replacing the battery, the part # is 2M728. You may contact sales department for assistance.  Let me know the region you belong to, to provide the contact information.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Sujatha K
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
gminpa
1 Copper

Hi Sujatha,

Thanks for your reply.  I'm sorry, but I am still a bit confused.  I find several vendors selling this part number (2M728) online, many even indicate it is for my X200.  But all these vendors list it as 4.8 volts.  You said it is 6 volts.  Either several vendors are all wrong, or someone has given you incorrect information.  I apologize for the inconvenience, but can you please double-check the voltage of this part?

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos

Hi gminpa,

I double checked and this battery as per Dell internal tools is 6 volts. I am not very sure about the other vendors specifications.

You may also check this link:

http://bit.ly/10IGQ4i

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Sujatha K
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

0 Kudos