harrysparrow
1 Copper

XPS 12 9Q23 Touch Screen Driver

I updated to win8.1 and lost the ability to use the touch screen and would like to download the drive/ software.

I also do not  have the Tablet/PC app in my control panel it is gone

I bought the laptop new last year and have been unable to register it to get any software downloads, my Inspiron is available but when I try to register this one the registration stops after I hit register.  I waited over an hour and no results so I gave up.

I have done a complete system scan and all is well with the entire computer

How can I get the driver or software to get my touch screen working again?  It appears dell makes it difficult and or convoluted to get the pre installed software.  I have had other brands and all I have to do is type in the model and bam I can get the software. 

I really just want the drivers or software for my touch screen please make it less frustrating.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lucasrs13
1 Copper

RE: XPS 12 9Q23 Touch Screen Driver

I formatted my machine and installed windows 8, I can not install the display driver, I am completely frustrated because I have no more warranty and not with someone to help me. All drivers were installed including the chipset but the touchscreen does not work.

Br Lucas

0 Kudos
wmbill137
1 Copper

I'm not sure about the windows 8.1 issue, but I have had experience with the same experience with the software updates not working.  I discovered that if I used google chrome browser when I go on the dell site, it prompts me to install Dell system detect.  This is something that doesn't happen when I access it with IE10.  After it is installed and running, the scan for updates works.  Of course, after it tells me what I need to update, I haven't been able to get it to do it, but I think I'm on the right track.   Isn't Dell support wonderful!!!!! Almost as wonderful as the XPS 12 that I'm about to toss out the window!  I truly regret buying this overpriced piece of <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per terms of use>  It's touchpad is annoying and the fan is even more annoying,  Good luck!  I'm moving on to something less irritating!

0 Kudos
jcwrks
1 Nickel

1) You do not have to register to download drivers. Go here and type in your service tag and click Submit.

2) There is no touchscreen driver to install. However you do need to install the chipset and serial i/o drivers.

0 Kudos