Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2013 18:00

XPS 12 9Q33 touch screen stops working intermittently

My XPS recently developed this issue. I traced the problem back to the I2C HID Device in Human Interface Devices which was stopped with code 34. I followed suggestion in another post; downloaded and installed Intel I2C BUS driver for Touch screen and Touchpad version 1.0.1.121, A01. Now touch screen works for a while and then stops. In order to re-activate the touch pad I have to restart the computer which is rather annoying.

How can I fix the problem?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 4th, 2013 23:00

Hi martinsk, 

Please try updating the Windows 8.1 touch screen driver in your system and check if it fixes the issue.

http://dell.to/1cci8tq

Also, Try the free upgrade of the operating system to Windows 8.1 if you still have Windows 8 

Please let me know if this helps.

August 1st, 2017 18:00

Hi everyone, so here is the problem I am having.

I have Dell Inspiron 15R 5537 laptop with touch screen windows 10 home,but from last few days my touch screen is disapear and not working in device manager no HID touch input found,

Can anyone back this up? Does anyone have anything else I can try?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 16:00

:emotion-2:

Hi sarfaraz gohil

Please follow steps below:

1. Power off system, remove All peripherals, AC adapter and battery.

2. Press the "Power On" button for about 15 seconds to release Static Flea Power. Replace battery, adapter, power on system. Hopefully touch screen is fix now.

August 3rd, 2017 18:00

hi Thank you for your message, I tried this but no luck :(  I recently updated windows 10 Home edition. After that, the touch screen completely stopped working. I searched calibrate touch screen in the system and it takes me to the web and not system. when I searched for pen and touch input it says no pen and touch input found?

Please assist me for this ongoing issue.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 5th, 2017 08:00

Please click on " Choose a diagnostic test" in the link below and then select Touch screen.

Support for Inspiron 15R 5537 | Diagnostics | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 5th, 2017 08:00

Also,

Click on Downloads & Drivers and then run Guide Me option in link above to detect drivers updates for your system. Please follow instructions to run Guide Me option in link below:

How to Find Drivers and Update Them (Official Dell Tech ...

August 5th, 2017 11:00

no luck its says '' No driver updates found. Your system has the most recent updates

Driver detection complete ''

August 5th, 2017 11:00

I did but no luck it says " We are unable to find the selected device. The device driver for your selected diagnostic is either not installed or installed incorrectly. Please ensure your device is enabled through your device manager or go to Drivers and Downloads to install the latest driver.''

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 6th, 2017 08:00

In device manager, expand Human Interface Devices. At device manager taskbar, click Action and then select Scan For Hardware Changes. Hopefully touch screen driver appear. If touch screen doesn't appear, click View and then select Show Hidden Devices.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 6th, 2017 09:00

If the touch screen still doesn't work:

Installing (touch screen)drivers through Windows Update - Type Setting onto [Cortana] search box, click Update And Security, and select Check for Updates. Install any available updates and restart your computer if required. After, check if the touch screen driver appears in device manager. 

If touch screen driver still doesn't appear:

Run the System Restore Point tool to go back to an earlier time before touch screen start acting up - Type Create A Restore Point onto the search box, and then System Restore.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Lastly,

If none of the troubleshooting steps fix the touch screen, I suggest .....

Refresh your copy of Windows 10 without losing your data

Or.....

Reset or reinstall Windows 10 - support.microsoft.com

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

And....

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If the touch screen driver still doesn't appear, please find USB Input Device under the Human Interface Devices. If there are more of these, you might have to repeat it for all of them:

1. Right click USB Input Device, click Properties, and then select Power Management

2. Uncheck Allow This Computer To Turn Of This Device To Save Power, and then restart / power off system

Dell Inspiron 3048:

August 10th, 2017 19:00

Hi LSUFAN51

Thanks for your advise , in hidden devices its appear but in gray colors, when i check update its says " you have best  driver, when i check Property its says ' Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer. 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 11th, 2017 11:00

Lastly,

If you aren't comfortable in opening computer, I suggest contacting Dell Technical Support for further assistance in the link below:

Contact Information | Dell US

No Events found!