harperj
6 Indium

RE: Has someone noticed ghost images (screen burn-in) on Dell XPS 12 Duo?

I just got a call back from the Dell Support rep I spent 2 hours on the phone with last night.  I guess there has been a bunch of discussions going on in their office.  When he submitted the repair request for my XPS 12 listing replacement of the GPU, his supervisor had him change it to include a new LCD panel too.  Then when it got kicked up to the supervisor's supervisor the whole thing got put on hold because there is a new LCD available (in 3 weeks for me) that is supposed to fix the problem.  So I got a call from the rep last night asking if it was ok to wait 3 weeks for them to send the new LCD in.  Obviously I said yes.  Hopefully in 3 weeks I have a properly working computer.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

The only thing that has me skeptical about these "new" panels is that there has still been no official announcement from Dell or a product recall or anything. It could be just more guff to keep XPS 12 sales going for another while and they seem to be getting away with not refunding for what is a clearly defective product.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

The only thing that has me skeptical about these "new" panels is that there has still been no official announcement from Dell or a product recall or anything. It could be just more guff to keep XPS 12 sales going for another while and they seem to be getting away with not refunding for what is a clearly defective product.

There should be an official announcement coming soon. My support rep (he's way up there in terms of what he can do) said he was gonna try to get me a fixed panel before the official launch. The "fixed" panel has just been sent to an onsite tech who will be replacing it friday. Hopefully this is actually a fix, especially since my support rep waited three weeks before dispatching a new LCD, despite how bad the IR was getting, because he was waiting on the new revision. Won't believe 100% it until I see it though.

-Brandon

Forum Member Since 2010
I, like others, am a forum member and not an employee of Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
director87
6 Indium

Talked to a tech rep in regards to my service request, who was going to keep me in the loop for when there would be an approximate ETA on the screens. He talked to his supervisor where he was given the 14th of March as a tentative date for when the new LCD screens would go into production.

He then proceeded to offer me a refund, which baffled me, after having requested and been denied it 3 times. I went ahead and accepted the refund offer. If it does get approved by his supervisor, I will sit and monitor this forum on the sidelines. I will feel more at ease waiting to see if the screen is fixed and having waited 3-4 months before I purchase it again (if I ever do).

TLDR; Tentative date for new screens in production is 14th of March, maybe sooner. 

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

My local estimated shipping date is 24th March, a good bit after these supposedly new panels arrive, which may be a coincidence!

TBH, if someone from Dell could tell me right now these are good screens I'd place my order today.

0 Kudos
svjem77
1 Nickel

If I get offered a refund I'm taking it. Dell tech phoned me back yesterday saying my new screen is available. I had re-installed from backup a few days before as my 9Q33 became unresponsive after trying to un-install a program. When I brought up task manager- it was frozen with half the details missing?!

System ran fine for a few days till the tech tried to install a new touch pad driver(yesterday), then it constantly crashed on shutdown with "driver power state failure" and took ages to restart again.

Another tech arrived today to fit my new screen and touch pad, but when the system was assembled it fail to post - the power light would flash briefly and the LEDs on the side light up - but that was it.

I'm now waiting on a phone call so they can come take it away for autopsy ..

If I can fine my precision screwdrivers that my son borrowed a week ago! - I will open it up and try and find the new screen details before they come and remove it.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

The onsite technician will be at my house in an hour to replace my LCD with the "new revision fixed" panel. I will post the model details as soon as I can! Hopefully this is a different panel without the IR. Time will tell though...

-Brandon

Forum Member Since 2010

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

So the tech replaced my LCD.... same screen, same problem. No surprise there really. IR is already present after doing the 10 min test once. So if this is indeed a "new revision" it's worse and IR shows up quicker. Model numbers show same revision however. I'm calling Dell and figuring out my options... I do not want defective LCD after defective LCD. (Differences highlighted)

Old Screen Info:                                                              New Screen Info:

DevMgr: LGD03BD                                                         DevMgr: LGD03BD
LG Model: LP125WF1-SPA2                                         LG Model: LP125WF1-SPA2
Dell Part: 019CFG                                                           Dell Part: 019CFG
Other No.: KR-019CFG-56252-371-10NZ-A00         Other No.: KR-019CFG-56252-39P-10HH-A00

-Brandon

Forum Member Since 2010

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

It looks like they installed the same <Admin Note: Profanity removed per TOU Policy~RK> screen. You should have waited until the new screen is released.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

It looks like they installed the same <Admin Note: Profanity removed per TOU Policy~RK> screen. You should have waited until the new screen is released.

This was supposed to be the new LCD, the representative (working for the consumer expert resolution center) waited three/four weeks for this screen, until finally replacing it because the new screen got activated in their system. Instead of the "new screen" I got the same model as before...

-Brandon

Forum Member Since 2010

0 Kudos