Highlighted
Not applicable

XPS 12 - anyone know how to permanently disable the standard On Screen Keyboard (a.k.a. Touch Keyboard).

Jump to solution

I prefer the Comfort On Screen Keyboard Pro and have installed it. After every sleep or reboot I have to manually disable the standard Touch Keyboard from  Toolbar entry on the Taskbar.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

Re: XPS 12 - anyone know how to permanently disable the standard On Screen Keyboard (a.k.a. Touch Keyboard).

Jump to solution

Hi johnwprice,

Go to Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Ease of Access Center -> “Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard” and uncheck the “Use On-Screen Keyboard" option and click Ok.

Then, click on “Change administrative settings" options and check the "Apply all settings to the logon desktop" and press Apply.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
4 Beryllium

Re: XPS 12 - anyone know how to permanently disable the standard On Screen Keyboard (a.k.a. Touch Keyboard).

Jump to solution

Hi johnwprice,

Go to Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Ease of Access Center -> “Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard” and uncheck the “Use On-Screen Keyboard" option and click Ok.

Then, click on “Change administrative settings" options and check the "Apply all settings to the logon desktop" and press Apply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you Harish - but I can't find the "Change administrative settings" option.  I do have a "Change sign-in settings" . It has a "Type without the keyboard (On-Screen Keyboard)" option that can be checked for "At sign-in" and/or "After sign-in". These are unchecked. Still have not found the "Apply all settings to the logon desktop".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

After doing a restart - the issue seems to be resolved.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: XPS 12 - anyone know how to permanently disable the standard On Screen Keyboard (a.k.a. Touch Keyboard).

Jump to solution

Where can I find "Administrative settings"? I dont see this anywhere. I'm using Windows 10.

0 Kudos