I have a pair of Sennheiser Momentum Wireless headphones. They paired successfully the first time, music worked, worked as a headset.
Rebooted the laptop for something, now they won't reconnect. Deleted the pairing, repaired fine but won't reconnect. Have tested this on another laptop and it works fine.
Currently running the WIDCOMM drivers on the dell support site.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I just registered because after several hours searching I finally found a working solution and I wanted to share it!
I tried everything else, mind you, even resetting BIOS. This is the ONLY thing that worked for me and its very simple:
1) Hit windows key, then type "control panel", click on Control Panel.
2) On the top right, switch "view by" to small icons, then select Troubleshooting
3) On the left, select View all, then click on Program Compatibility troubleshooter
4) Click next, the select "bluetooth". After a while, it will propose using Windows 8.1 compatibility settings for bluetooth, say yes.
5) Now remove your bluetooth device and re-pair it - it will take longer to pair because now it is actually working.
Hopefully this fixes your problem!
Apparently its not a Dell exclusive thing, but a more general Windows 10 flaw.
Have tried a restore and didn't work. Have tried other Bluetooth devices and they work fine but they are different types of BT profiles.
Format and reinstall using the latest drivers have solved the need to reinstall the Bluetooth stack every time to connect.
New problem is reconnecting after a disconnect, it will connect fine, but Windows won't route any sound through it, you need to reboot.
Hello, I have the exact same problem with my dell xps 13 1080p
I have tried with 3 bluetooth devices, 2 speakers and 1 headset.
They do connect the first time you pair them, but they dont ever connect again.. no option to do so,.. they do not get detected automatically either.. only optionis to unpair them, pair them again... wait for the drivers to download again and then they work.. sometimes...
this is a very annoying issue... please solve it.. the laptop is nice but it has so many of these little bugs that make it very low end at the end...
I'm having the same problem ( can't reconnect without restarting windows).
Windows 10, xps 13, Sennheiser mm-400x