Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 15th, 2015 18:00

XPS 13 (2015) - Bluetooth Headphones won't reconnect

I have a pair of Sennheiser Momentum Wireless headphones.  They paired successfully the first time, music worked, worked as a headset.

Rebooted the laptop for something, now they won't reconnect.  Deleted the pairing, repaired fine but won't reconnect.  Have tested this on another laptop and it works fine.

Currently running the WIDCOMM drivers on the dell support site.

1 Message

August 27th, 2017 11:00

Hi all!

I just registered because after several hours searching I finally found a working solution and I wanted to share it!

I tried everything else, mind you, even resetting BIOS. This is the ONLY thing that worked for me and its very simple:

1) Hit windows key, then type "control panel", click on Control Panel.

2) On the top right, switch "view by" to small icons, then select Troubleshooting

3) On the left, select View all, then click on Program Compatibility troubleshooter

4) Click next, the select "bluetooth". After a while, it will propose using Windows 8.1 compatibility settings for bluetooth, say yes.

5) Now remove your bluetooth device and re-pair it - it will take longer to pair because now it is actually working.

Hopefully this fixes your problem!

Apparently its not a Dell exclusive thing, but a more general Windows 10 flaw.

Best,

Alonso

April 15th, 2015 21:00

Hi, 

Can you do a system restore and try pairing again. May be some backend services update have conflicted.

Did you try any other bluetooth device ?

Regards

April 15th, 2015 22:00

Hi Hemalatha,

Have tried a restore and didn't work. Have tried other Bluetooth devices and they work fine but they are different types of BT profiles.

April 16th, 2015 22:00

Ahmm that sounds strange. Give me sometime will check on it and get back.

April 17th, 2015 21:00

Hi, 

Can you remove all the entries of bluetooth in device manager and reinstall the drivers a fresh again then restart and try.

if this doesn't work, then the only last option is to reinstall windows.

Regards

April 21st, 2015 18:00

Hi Hemalatha,

Format and reinstall using the latest drivers have solved the need to reinstall the Bluetooth stack every time to connect.

New problem is reconnecting after a disconnect, it will connect fine, but Windows won't route any sound through it, you need to reboot.

April 21st, 2015 18:00

Hi,
How is it going with your system.

Regards

April 21st, 2015 20:00

Hi,
Can you please click on the volume icon and select playback devices. Make the headset as the default device and let us know.
Regards

3 Posts

July 18th, 2015 23:00

Hello, I have the exact same problem with my dell xps 13 1080p

I have tried with 3 bluetooth devices, 2 speakers and 1 headset.

They do connect the first time you pair them, but they dont ever connect again.. no option to do so,.. they do not get detected automatically either.. only optionis to unpair them, pair them again... wait for the drivers to download again and then they work.. sometimes...

this is a very annoying issue... please solve it.. the laptop is nice but it has so many of these little bugs that make it very low end at the end...

1 Message

December 2nd, 2015 04:00

Hi

I'm  having the  same  problem ( can't reconnect without restarting windows). 

Windows 10,  xps 13,  Sennheiser mm-400x

/Johan

1 Message

December 18th, 2015 14:00

I'm having the exact same problem. Trying to re-connect to my UE boom bluetooth speaker. Worked once and now can't reconnect. Very frustrating

1 Message

December 22nd, 2015 20:00

I have the exact same problem.  My bluetooth headset, earin, will show 2 profiles and neither will stay connected. I have wiped my system to scratch and updated drivers. Nothing works.

While the headset will connect under the "speaker" profile the audio will show as "disconnected".  After about 30 seconds the "speaker" profile will eventually disconnect on its own.

4 Posts

January 4th, 2016 13:00

Is there any solution to this? I have a similar problem. After each pairingI have to remove the driver to be able to connect again... very annoying.

Tried with my 4 years old Lenovo, worked without any problems :S

4 Posts

January 4th, 2016 13:00

Is there any solution to this? I have a similar problem. After each pairingI have to remove the driver to be able to connect again. Also the sound just stops at anytime and I need to do the whole reconnect process again, very annoying.

1 Message

January 30th, 2016 11:00

I have the same problem trying to use Bose bluetooth speaker.  Highly annoying.  Is there a fix?

No Events found!